IGNORED

W4S PS-1 Modular Linear Power Supply

https://wyred4sound.com/products/upgrades-mods-accessories/ps-1-modular-linear-power-supply

On sale now. One free additional module. Could this be my solution to power both Chord 2Qute DAC and SOtM smS-200??

I haven't read a single review yet, nor have I seen it mentioned here yet (I did search).

• Up to four power zones can be operated independently​. User-selectable to 5v, 9v, 12v or 15v
  • 2.1mm (inner), 5.5mm (outer diameter) male coaxial/barrel plug with positive center pin
  • Supports devices up to 1.2A
  • Physical dimensions: 8.25" x 6.25" x 3.25"

Taking one for the team. Will report back.

Guerph, thanks for being the first in here. I love the modular/upgradeable design. I appreciate Wyred 4 Sound's approach to products. If I didn't already have 4 different linear supplies, I'd get one. I wish this had come out sooner, it would save space and AC outlets on my rack. Let us know your impression of its quality. I still may go for it down the line to consolidate my system.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

The PS1 is a great idea, four different voltages, or two the same. 1.2A should cover most USB fixers and some DACs too.

There would not be any isolation between each output, not mentioned anyway. If there's only the one device, then the LPS-1 is the way to go on economy and also provides isolation.

If there is more than one device, place the LPS-1 in the device ahead of the DAC (if the DAC is supplied by AC power), and all others supplied by the PS1 in 'front'.

The PS1 could not power the LPS-1, insufficient current drive even at 12V since it requires 1.5A @ 12V minimum.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I"m buying one and will use for the 4 fiber optic converted lines I"m going to run into my audio room. That will power the converter in the audio room as you don't need one from the switch end as it doesn't make a sound different according to a few who have tried this. This is the one many of us are going to use as it should be perfect for this application.

The PS1 is a great idea, four different voltages, or two the same. 1.2A should cover most USB fixers and some DACs too.

There would not be any isolation between each output, not mentioned anyway. If there's only the one device, then the LPS-1 is the way to go on economy and also provides isolation.

If there is more than one device, place the LPS-1 in the device ahead of the DAC (if the DAC is supplied by AC power), and all others supplied by the PS1 in 'front'.

The PS1 could not power the LPS-1, insufficient current drive even at 12V since it requires 1.5A @ 12V minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so i presume this would be the direct competitor to uptone's ultracap lps 1? but has advantage of being able

to support additional digital devices? if so i'm surprised that uptone, also an innovative company, doesn't offer anything similar

for add-ons....or am incorrect?

anyone done an a/b comparison between the 2 products?

so i presume this would be the direct competitor to uptone's ultracap lps 1? but has advantage of being able

to support additional digital devices? if so i'm surprised that uptone, also an innovative company, doesn't offer anything similar

for add-ons....or am incorrect?

anyone done an a/b comparison between the 2 products?

The two products appear very different to me. The W4S product allows you to use multiple lps modules in one chassis. Big advantage on flexibility and space utilization.

The LPS1 uses a completely different approach - capacitors as isolation and power delivery - delivering ultra clean power to sensitive devices.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
The two products appear very different to me. The W4S product allows you to use multiple lps modules in one chassis. Big advantage on flexibility and space utilization.

The LPS1 uses a completely different approach - capacitors as isolation and power delivery - delivering ultra clean power to sensitive devices.

Many thanks for some clarity

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I think anyone looking for PSU intended for low power devices should demo this thing. It's simply a bonus that I can power up to four devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Realize that is both good and bad. That nice R core transformer is good at rejecting noise from the mains, but not from the separate windings used on the secondary to provide the low voltages used by the regulators.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

• 3 months later...

I just came across this post and wondering if there's any more user experience since? It seems like a good unit to use for less power sensitive components. Curious if there's any comparison done with other propular ps out there. Any other interesting device coming out is the SOtM sps-500. Probably aim for higher power usage device.

5 hours ago, hicr49 said:

I just came across this post and wondering if there's any more user experience since? It seems like a good unit to use for less power sensitive components. Curious if there's any comparison done with other propular ps out there. Any other interesting device coming out is the SOtM sps-500. Probably aim for higher power usage device.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/05/everything-counts-in-small-amounts-wyred-4-sounds-ps-1/

Good review of it here. I love mine. I have it powering three devices. I have an extra standard module for sale if anyone is interested, message me. 

1 hour ago, mikey8811 said:

Did you compare it to other power supplies like the LPS1, HD Plex, etc.?

No, I listen to music instead. 

Here was my reply to a similarly posed question:

wpua-96x96.pngMike

Besides the modular design are there any other reasons why I might choose the PS-1 over another similarly priced LPS?
In other words am I trading sound quality for convenience?

• wpua-32x32.pngGuerph

In my opinion it strikes perfect balance. I don’t feel as though I’m trading sound for convienience.