IGNORED

What Are the Best Sounding Speakers UNDER $2,500 that You've Ever Heard.?

Ralf11

Well it was my mistake of offering a $500 speaker for discussion in a thread of under $2500 speakers. I can't think of any $2499.99 speakers, although I bet the GoldenEars speakers may have a model that falls at that price point.

I haven't purchased a new pair of speakers since 1984. All have been used from that point.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Actually cross over design, speaker and cabinet design along with available quality drivers can be done to a much higher level of refinement than ever before by small companies. Because software modeling and raw driver quality is so good. The software doesn't cost a fortune like it once did.

Having said that if they apply resources well, a big company still can do better work than a smaller company. They can push the edge of things more. But DIY speakers that make use of modern tech can let even garage operations make excellent speakers.

Lol, my experience is that there is an inverse relationship between the size of a company and innovation. The largest US audio company is now owned by the Koreans, so we will see what happens.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/14/samsung-buys-harmon-auto-audio/

Financial engineering beats electrical engineering, just nauseating.

They're very nice and great value. As an alternative, you can still get the LS3/5a for a few hundred less - the latest incarnation from Falcon drew great reviews, e.g. from Stereophile. The BBC minimonitor genre is not for everyone, as none has earth-shaking bass and there are a few colorations that you either find objectionable or wonderful but won't ignore. Some say they don't have any bass at all, but that's a bit of an exaggeration. I nominate the LS3/5a family for inclusion on this list.

A friend of mine just drove 200 miles to pickup a pair of 1960 vintage JBL pro speakers. He took them home, ripped out the horn tweeters and mounted them in a simple box. He then replaced the tweeter horns on his Avant-garde Duos with the JBLs.

He paid $200 for the JBL speakers. His Avantgardes have never sounded better, very open and natural! Lol!!!