IGNORED

What Are the Best Sounding Speakers UNDER $2,500 that You've Ever Heard.?

Ralf11

John A. measures all speakers in the same way. I think this is fair, but it requires a person reading them to know what really matters. The in room response is the least informative, especially on a speaker with more than 2 drivers and first order crossovers. If the speaker has provisions for vertical alignment (horizontal doesn't matter) 2 thirds of the samples are not where the listeners ears are and that causes a very inaccurate measurement of what the speaker is actually doing. A speaker with steep crossover slopes and a minimum number of drivers is not defected nearly as much. Obviously if the speaker designer doesn't provide vertical alignment instructions as is typically the case with high order speaker designs the above point is certainly obvious. High order crossover designs do not preserve the waveform anyway, so all frequencies are in different phases relative to one another which randomizes the result enough to not change the measurements much by the above mentioned procedure. A listening session would be more important than the measurements anyway.

I've been building home and pro audio speakers for years and measuring and improving along the way.......and can find NOTHING in this post that matches my experience or anything I've ever been taught or read other than listening ( in YOUR space) is better than purchasing from measurements.........which isn't saying much as I'd be better off eating that steak in the Delminicos ad instead of wondering how it tastes. LOL