IGNORED

Interested in ripping my SACD's, but basic question

rscholl

Hello,

I"ve been reading the Oppo thread extensively because I want to rip some of my SACD's. First I have a basic question. The SACD layer is DSD64 maximally, correct? So the files that come off the SACD layer are truly DSD, just as if they were downloaded from any of the various sources of hi-res downloads? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I know the SACD layer is 4.7 GB on the media itself, so I'm assuming that the files are no different than any other DSD64 files, say if I compared the ripped SACD files to the same file downloaded from an online source?

Thanks.

Hello,

I"ve been reading the Oppo thread extensively because I want to rip some of my SACD's. First I have a basic question. The SACD layer is DSD64 maximally, correct? So the files that come off the SACD layer are truly DSD, just as if they were downloaded from any of the various sources of hi-res downloads? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I know the SACD layer is 4.7 GB on the media itself, so I'm assuming that the files are no different than any other DSD64 files, say if I compared the ripped SACD files to the same file downloaded from an online source?

Thanks.

Yes and no :)

Technically what's on an SACD is encrypted DSD, sometimes it's compressed.

A purchased download DSD may be different to the SACD due to mastering and when the SACD was released, the same as for a CD re-mastering.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA