IGNORED

DBPoweramp Says "Not In AccurateRip" When I Try To Rip Brand New CD Release?

I've never seen this happen before. And there is no issue with the drive or software. This occurred in the middle of 30 cd's I was ripping to my NAS. No other disc had any problem at all. The odd thing is that this is a brand new, major album release by Sarah McLachlan, not some obscure cd. Any help would be appreciated.

JC

I've never seen this happen before. And there is no issue with the drive or software. This occurred in the middle of 30 cd's I was ripping to my NAS. No other disc had any problem at all. The odd thing is that this is a brand new, major album release by Sarah McLachlan, not some obscure cd. Any help would be appreciated.

JC

It typically takes a few days for enough people to rip the CD for it to be added to AccurateRip db. I ripped about 20 new Christmas CDs over the past couple of weeks, and only about 50% of them were in the db at the time I ripped them.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

It typically takes a few days for enough people to rip the CD for it to be added to AccurateRip db. I ripped about 20 new Christmas CDs over the past couple of weeks, and only about 50% of them were in the db at the time I ripped them.

Thanks John. I'm sure that must be the case with this one. I'll give it some more time.

JC

JC

Probably not the case here, but even the "same" CD release can be in slightly different versions, depending on what country or even what manufacturing plant it was produced in. So sometimes you can get a "not in AccurateRip" response because the specific version of the CD you own is slightly different (in total content, not in the actual musical content) than other versions on the market.

As mentioned, just have dbpoweramp do a "secure" rip and you can be assured your rip is fine.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

You don't have to "rerip" that disc. You can use CUEtools to verify your actual files against AccurateRip db in the future.

CUETools - CUETools wiki

Or invest in PerfectTunes from the same people behind dBPoweramp (and accuraterip itself). Does the same work (but only rely on Accuraterip, not the CTDB). It lists all albums and tells you whether or not the album is accurately ripped or if it's not in the database. Maybe not the most essential of the dBPoweramp family of programs, but I'm very happy with it. Perfect to keep an eye on your collection and especially useful when you have ripped a newly released album that is not yet in the database. After a few days it's usually listed as accurately ripped.