IGNORED

File Transfer Failure w Sierra

LBob

I am having consistent problems with file transfer failures after installing the new Sierra OS. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problems or if something else is causing the problem. Here's what happens:

I download files I purchased on a 2012 Mac Air. The great majority come from eClassical or HDLL. I convert them to AIFF format using Max on the Mac Air. I then transfer them to my 2012 Mac Mini using screen sharing. I drag a file from the Mac Air desktop to the Mac Mini desk top. This has worked flawlessly till now, but with my last album I could not get any of the files to transfer. The transfer appears to be going normally but when the transfer appears to be complete the file transfer failure appears. There's no problem with the actual files, as I can put them on a memory stick and transfer them to my Mac Mini and they play just fine.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

I suspect this is a Samba issue with Sierra. Google "samba issues sierra" and you'll find some help. Might require some terminal command lines. :-(