IGNORED

Shutdown while in minimal server mode

dminches

I can't seem to remember how to shut the system down when I am in minimal server mode.

I am accessing the computer via remote desktop. If I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL it applies it to the PC I am using to remote in, not the music computer. How do I get to a shutdown screen for the music computer?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

I can't seem to remember how to shut the system down when I am in minimal server mode.

I am accessing the computer via remote desktop. If I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL it applies it to the PC I am using to remote in, not the music computer. How do I get to a shutdown screen for the music computer?

If you are running RDP in full screen mode then CTRL-ALT-DEL will work on the remote PC. If you are running RDP windowed on your local PC then CTRL-ALT-DEL will affect your local PC.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

CTRL-ALT-END is remote computer

same as

CTRL-ALT-DEL Local computer

Thank you! I can finally get that to work (although I did create the shutdown and restore batch files).

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific