IGNORED

An Audiophile DNA Modification!

We think so only because our hearing range is so limited! :)

As for colors - I'm for a DNA modification too! For home cinema fans. Me included.

BTW nothing IMO destroys good sight more effectively than long computer sessions. CA ones included. Unfortunately. But.. I noticed long time ago that when I do some photoshopping right after it my sight improves beyond belief for a period of time. The same goes in my experience for sound quality comparisons. The more regularly I do it the easier it is to notice the sound differences, the 'bigger' and more obvious they are. Someone else noticed that.?

Yes I have noticed a similar thing.

When I first got a digital camera and some photo editing software color balance was important to good pictures as early digicams didn't have great auto white balance. As a result I learned to voluntarily see the color temp of various lighting situations. Something I never paid attention to previously. So walk into an area, and manage to see directly what the color temp was I suppose meant ignoring or turning off your own auto white balance in your vision.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Does a similar test exist for sound? For example arrange the following 20 sounds in order of increasing pitch, order this next 20 in order of steepness of attack, etc.???

Do they not have ENT, or even just hearing, Dr's where you live? :)

The true medical tests for sight or sound are quite comprehensive and determine a whole battery of abilities. A large part, as alluded to above, is educating the ears or eyes before actually getting into the important parts of the tests. Moving from an active environment to one devoid of light or sound can be confusing. Add nervousness about performance and consistency over the next several hours of testing you are bound to have false responses. Yes, both take several hours as response changes with duration. Especially once you reach a certain age most Dr's will agree to order such a test for general health reasons. Particularly eye tests.

Do they not have ENT, or even just hearing, Dr's where you live? :)

Of course they do! :) But, I have actually found that most of these tests have little to do with measuring the things audiophiles care about. In fact, most of them are slanted to making sure we can function in a normal working environment -- "back to work young man, there's nothing wrong with you..."

Now if you had an audiophile audiologist to refer me to that might be interesting. :0

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

I learned to voluntarily see the color temp of various lighting situations. Something I never paid attention to previously. So walk into an area, and manage to see directly what the color temp was I suppose meant ignoring or turning off your own auto white balance in your vision.

I wonder whether those who listen to our systems a lot mentally do the same thing. Except that for most of us those systems haven't had the benefit of the sound counterpart to a colorimeter calibration. Or, even if we have, it only adjusted for a flat response curve and not all the other parameters that seem to make sound more complex than sight. Thus, the more we listen to our own systems, the more we make mental adjustments that then make other systems sound wrong to us?

Might this explain why those of us who like dipoles can never really get used to the sound of boxes and vice versa?

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

I wonder whether those who listen to our systems a lot mentally do the same thing. Except that for most of us those systems haven't had the benefit of the sound counterpart to a colorimeter calibration. Or, even if we have, it only adjusted for a flat response curve and not all the other parameters that seem to make sound more complex than sight. Thus, the more we listen to our own systems, the more we make mental adjustments that then make other systems sound wrong to us?

Might this explain why those of us who like dipoles can never really get used to the sound of boxes and vice versa?

I think there is some truth to that. I think it also explains some people who are convinced they have tuned up their system to extraordinary levels. Others hear it and think, "yeah its pretty good, but not that good".

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

• 2 months later...

I think this is yet another important step leading towards the audiophile DNA modification :

First human-pig embryos made..

Human-pig embryos made, destroyed - CNN.com

After all if it's possible to grow human organs within animals it must be possible to grow animal organs (ears in this case) on humans..

Optimal low frequencies trasducers:

Elephant-2-1024x682.jpg

But not only.. They can also be used (just like they are used by elephants) for:

1. Sun protection. The large surface area and thinness of elephant ears help radiate heat to keep them cool in the blistering heat. This also explains their love of bathing, because wet ears radiate heat away from the body even more effectively.

2. Communication. A lot of personality can be expressed through the ears, too, and elephants use ears to communicate visually. For example, flapping their ears can signify aggression or joy, depending on their mood!

3. Long-distance hearing. An elephant’s ears can hear sounds over long distances, an average of 2.5 miles away. If that weren’t impressive enough, in the best case scenario, an elephant’s range of hearing can reach to more than 6 miles!

Sounds fantastic, doesn't it.? :)

Can't be any harder than inter-species breeding. Acceptance of it or performing the act itself.
So maybe it's worth trying..hmm.? Lots of views on Youtube guaranteed.!

But..you know, I just thought about some inconvenience connected with an elephant-like low frequencies sensitivity - hearing all the subwoofers within a radius of 3 miles must be a pretty confusing experience..

yes, at least for pregnancy - unclear for disease or dysfunction in organ systems or muscles

So if the hospital's ultrasound machine breaks and you live near SeaWorld....

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

So if the hospital's ultrasound machine breaks and you live near SeaWorld....
You may be quite right. A quote:

'Anecdotal reports suggest dolphins take a special interest in pregnant women. The animals supposedly swim up to the expecting women and make buzzing sounds near the women's tummies. "Buzzing" is a form of very concentrated echolocation. When the dolphins want to hone in on something or stimulate another dolphin, they put their snout against the skin and buzz, Marino said, adding, "It sounds like a squeaky door."

Dolphins May 'See' Pregnant Women's Fetuses | Echolocation

• 2 months later...