IGNORED

New Driver Install

dminches

If I am running AO 1.40 (or 2.0) and want to install a new USB driver do I need to run the service tool to uninstall AO, load the driver and then reinstall AO?

I installed the USB driver for my Marantz SA8005 without uninstalling AO and things seemed to be fine but when I rebooted the computer the driver wasn't working. I needed to uninstall it, reboot and then reinstall it to get it to work. I am not sure if this has to do with running AO.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David

The ServiceTool does not uninstall AO. If you do a reset using the ServiceTool, it will also not disable AO's optimizations. All it does is that it will re-enable the disabled drivers and services and the application compatibility layer, but nothing more.

Basically you do not need to do a reset via ServiceTool to update or install a new driver. But should the driver need compatibility mode, then yes you need to do a reset via ServiceTool, then update the driver, then re-run AO.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Phil, thanks for the explanation. I use the servicetool mostly to change between GUI and core. And I always rerun AO after going back to core. I think the instructions say to do that.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific