IGNORED

Powerful 7.8 magnitude quake rattles New Zealand

sandyk

Let's hope that our NZ members haven't suffered damage to their houses, or to premises where they work.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/33195349/powerful-7-4-magnitude-quake-rattles-new-zealand-usgs/#page1

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I was just reading that the fault in NZ is the fastest moving in the world (the rate at which the plates are slipping past each other).

Hoping forum members (and everyone else) stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Let's hope that our NZ members haven't suffered damage to their houses, or to premises where they work.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/33195349/powerful-7-4-magnitude-quake-rattles-new-zealand-usgs/#page1

I hope everyone is all right as well, but 7.8 is pretty damn big temblor! I certainly can't imagine an earthquake that big without dire consequences. Let's try to keep a good thought for our NZ friends.

George

Fortunately, it happened away from major population centres. Still a lot of damage near the epicentre. No damage in my neighbourhood, but I'm working from home because the office building is closed until it has been assessed by engineers. Lots of pictures etc at Latest breaking news NZ | Stuff.co.nz

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Fortunately, it happened away from major population centres. Still a lot of damage near the epicentre. No damage in my neighbourhood, but I'm working from home because the office building is closed until it has been assessed by engineers. Lots of pictures etc at Latest breaking news NZ | Stuff.co.nz

Glad you and yours are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

We jumped outta bed. Wife grabbed our son and dashed outside. I stayed in for a minute and it felt like the house was swaying .

Im in Auckland which is miles away. Lots of aftershocks too but I haven't felt any. Poor South Islanders. Wife heads to Christchurch next week for 4 days. She's not looking forward to it.

Cheers for the good vibes. Thoughts going out to the folks down South.

Glad you and yours are safe. ...

Thanks. We're glad too. :-)

We're in for rain and 140 km/hr wind overnight... I should explain though that this isn't unusual for this city at this time of year.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Personally this is not computer Audio thread material. Unless you own an expensive turntable and just happened to be using it during the quake then you may be up for a new stylus and serves you right as you should be using a computer.

My son was in it and lost a lot of sleep waiting for the Tsunami at the top of a freezing hill!! He still had to work today in Christchurch. This fault line is not settled yet.

Robert