IGNORED

Keith Jarrett's "new" solo album - a Multitude of Angels - download anywhere?

Here's a first review I found (my own will take a while, given that I need to get though 5h of music first).

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/nov/10/keith-jarrett-a-multitude-of-angels-review-a-career-pinnacle

Note that I'm a bit disappointed that there's no booklet with the download, but I guess at this price I shoudln't complain.

There is a booklet available. Depending on how you downloaded it, you have to download the album cover (JPG file) and the "booklet" (PDF file) separately from the music files. The downloader retrieves the music files, JPG and PDF file, if you download with a browser you need to download the TAR file, JPG and PDF separately.

Let me know if you need the PDF, it is 8 pages.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

There is a booklet available. Depending on how you downloaded it, you have to download the album cover (JPG file) and the "booklet" (PDF file) separately from the music files. The downloader retrieves the music files, JPG and PDF file, if you download with a browser you need to download the TAR file, JPG and PDF separately.

Let me know if you need the PDF, it is 8 pages.

Thanks for flagging. I didn't check the download but only had a look at the Qobuz iOS app, where the booklets usually appear. Probably they just forgot to upload it there.

There is actually a nice paragraph about the recording technique used, written by Jarrett himself, which is quite intriguing.

Basically, he just used a DAT recorder and very simply miking. At least on this album we can be sure we hear "what the artist intented" (at least within the limitations of the DAT technology).

Multitude of Angels recording.jpg

And you can read about the history of Sonosax here:

http://www.sonosax.ch/history_en.html

http://www.sonosax.ch/history_fr.html

Thanks for this, very interesting. Didn't have a lot of time to listen to it, but by now got to Ferrara Part I, and so far really like what I hear.

My suggestion: get it while you can at less than €13 for 5h of music! I'm pretty sure Qobuz screwed up on their pricing here.

I agree - that is an incredible price for the volume of music one receives. And I have just started to make my way through some of this, and no regrets so far. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

There is actually a nice paragraph about the recording technique used, written by Jarrett himself, which is quite intriguing.

Basically, he just used a DAT recorder and very simply miking. At least on this album we can be sure we hear "what the artist intented" (at least within the limitations of the DAT technology).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30723[/ATTACH]

I just checked the dynamic range, and it is quite impressive: 13-17. It really sounds quite nice as well.

Impressive what you can get from such a minimalistic setup.

I love ECM CDs. Without reservation, all of the Jarrett music on ECM cds is of the highest possible quality. Any differences between the ECM's Jarrett output and hi res are, IMO, imagined. Given how restrictive ECM is, I'd be extremely surprised if they supply HDTracks with snything but their red book material.

Music Server(s): Aurender N100H, Digital to Analog Converter(s): Audio Research DAC 8, Digital to Digital Converter: Bryston BUC-1, Preamplifier: Ayre K-5xeMP, Amplifier(s): Ayre V-5xe, Loudspeakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Interconnects: Kimber PBJ, Cardas Clear, Bryston AES/EBU, Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber PR8, Miscellaneous: Oppo BDP 95 disk player, CJ Walker turntable Jelco SA-750D tone arm, Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Dream System: I've got it!, Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Grado PS500e, Headphone Amplifier(s):Graham Slee Novo

I just noticed qobuz has a redbook download for €12.99 - that seems like a bargain for 5 hours of music

A Multitude Of Angels (Modena - Ferrara - Torino - Genova - Solo Concerts) | Keith JarrettÂ*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

Can't download from Canada.

Music Server(s): Aurender N100H, Digital to Analog Converter(s): Audio Research DAC 8, Digital to Digital Converter: Bryston BUC-1, Preamplifier: Ayre K-5xeMP, Amplifier(s): Ayre V-5xe, Loudspeakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Interconnects: Kimber PBJ, Cardas Clear, Bryston AES/EBU, Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber PR8, Miscellaneous: Oppo BDP 95 disk player, CJ Walker turntable Jelco SA-750D tone arm, Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Dream System: I've got it!, Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Grado PS500e, Headphone Amplifier(s):Graham Slee Novo

I just noticed that it's available from iTunes but, given the price, I'm going to order the CDs.

Was able to download via VPN and will start listening shortly!

Headphones: ZMF Atrium Closed, ZMF Bokeh, Audeze LCD-X, Meze 109 Pro, Focal Clear Mg, Noble Katana IEMs, Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed
Amp/DAC: Decware MKIII Tube Amp, ZMF Homage, Schiit Bifrost 2/64, Woo Audio WA8, Burston Playmate 2, Mytek DSD192 DAC, Cayin RU7, Chord Mojo, Fiio M11 Plus DAP
Cables: Promitheus XLR Interconnects, WyWired red cables, Meze Silver, ZMF 6.35 ofc and 4 pin xlr stock, Arctic Cable, Audio Envy Cable balanced, balanced Silver Interconnects
Other: Aurender N100H, Macbook Pro (2023) running Audirvana Studio

Qobuz listing still says 12.99 Euro, but on album page price is 33 Euro.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 4 weeks later...