IGNORED

Keith Jarrett's "new" solo album - a Multitude of Angels - download anywhere?

ECM has just released Keith Jarrett's latest 4 CD box solo album A Multitude Of Angels, taken from concerts in Italy in the mid 1990s.

However, I don't seem to be able to find a download source for this anywhere.

https://www.ecmrecords.com/catalogue/1474010386/a-multitude-of-angels-keith-jarrett

Amazon Germany and the German retailer JPC seem to have the CD version (and MP3 downloads), so worst case I'll order there.

https://www.amazon.de/Multitude-Angels-Jarrett-Keith/dp/B01LZG46LB/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479049771&sr=8-1&keywords=a+multitude+of+angels

Is that one old album so much different or important than those 27 others, that those 27 is of no interest. It has to be EMC record company?

I personally have 40+ albums of Jarrett in my personal library. So do I need another one? Objectively speaking, not really.

However, Keith Jarrett's solo concert are unique experiences. There is no other artist in the world that can create such a unique world in an improvised solo concert.

I had the pleasure of finally witnessing this live last year (https://musicophilesblog.com/2015/05/23/keith-jarrett-live-in-lucerne-may-22-2015/) and have a mission to listen to every single one of his live concert recordings ever made.

I'm occasionally disappointed (I didn't like his 2015 release "Creation") for example, but on average I'm usually amazed.

That's why if ECM decides now 20 years later to release material from live concerts, it is something I need to have.

Note that Jarrett has recorded hundreds of albums on many other labels, many of which I really don't like.

ECM has just released Keith Jarrett's latest 4 CD box solo album A Multitude Of Angels, taken from concerts in Italy in the mid 1990s.

However, I don't seem to be able to find a download source for this anywhere.

https://www.ecmrecords.com/catalogue/1474010386/a-multitude-of-angels-keith-jarrett

Amazon Germany and the German retailer JPC seem to have the CD version (and MP3 downloads), so worst case I'll order there.

https://www.amazon.de/Multitude-Angels-Jarrett-Keith/dp/B01LZG46LB/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479049771&sr=8-1&keywords=a+multitude+of+angels

I just noticed qobuz has a redbook download for €12.99 - that seems like a bargain for 5 hours of music

A Multitude Of Angels (Modena - Ferrara - Torino - Genova - Solo Concerts) | Keith JarrettÂ*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

I just noticed qobuz has a redbook download for €12.99 - that seems like a bargain for 5 hours of music

A Multitude Of Angels (Modena - Ferrara - Torino - Genova - Solo Concerts) | Keith JarrettÂ*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

Thanks for flagging. No I dea why it didn't pop up on my earlier Qobuz search.

There is a BIG caveat however, which I only realised after I clicked on "pay": this is only 12 tracks single CD, not the full 4 CD box sold elsewhere.

Thanks for flagging. No I dea why it didn't pop up on my earlier Qobuz search.

There is a BIG caveat however, which I only realised after I clicked on "pay": this is only 12 tracks single CD, not the full 4 CD box sold elsewhere.

It looks to me as though qobuz has incorrectly described this as 1 disc. Duration is described as ~5 hours. Most of the tracks are lengthy. The cds on Amazon describe 12 tracks across 4 discs

Sent from my E5823 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

It looks to me as though qobuz has incorrectly described this as 1 disc. Duration is described as ~5 hours. Most of the tracks are lengthy. The cds on Amazon describe 12 tracks across 4 discs

Sent from my E5823 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Yes it seems the full works...Probably Qobuz failed to noticed it's the 4 cd box. I would take advantage and buy it, but they are not selling here in Portugal.

Hoping this is available for download in the US soon for a non-outrageous price.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

You guys are right, I just purchased 4h57min of Keith Jarrett for €12.99.

The CD boxes currently being sold are all around €40, not an unreasonable price for a 4CD box per se.

So this truly is an excellent deal. Go for it while it lasts. And use the link provided above, if you cannot find it.

I must admit I haven't listened to it yet. But 5h of Jarrett live solo, it has to be worth the 12€.

Well that makes two of us who haven't listened to it yet. However as you noted given the price and duration of material, the risk is relatively low...;)

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I wish ECM would release more old live recordings from their best known artists, but so far there have only been a few from Keith Jarrett (and Jan Garbarek).

I would love some stuff from Eberhard Weber, Terje Rypdal, Kenny Wheeler, etc. I'm sure there are a lot of interesting recordings available in german radio archives (which are usually well recorded and preserved).

Claude

Here's a first review I found (my own will take a while, given that I need to get though 5h of music first).

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/nov/10/keith-jarrett-a-multitude-of-angels-review-a-career-pinnacle

Note that I'm a bit disappointed that there's no booklet with the download, but I guess at this price I shoudln't complain.