IGNORED

2009 Mac Mini vs Microrendu

Morning all

Im currently using a 2009 Mac Mini running Audirvana + upsampling all PCM files to DSD 128 which then gets converted by a Lampizator Atlantic DAC. Having read so much about how good the Microrendu is Ive been contemplating buying one. My questions are;

Does the Microrendu upsample to DSD 128 without the need to run HQ Player?

Has anyone used a microrendu with a Lampizator DAC? I understand that some DACS are not compatible with a Microrendu.

Finally will the sound quality improve over a Mac Mini?

Hopefully someone will be able to provide me with some answers

Best regards

Lee

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

A: Does the Microrendu upsample to DSD 128 without the need to run HQ Player?

Q: No. You need a separate computer with HQP to do that. Your 2009 mac will not be powerful enough.

A: Has anyone used a microrendu with a Lampizator DAC? I understand that some DACS are not compatible with a Microrendu.

Q: Yes. Works up to DSD128.

A: Finally will the sound quality improve over a Mac Mini?

Q: Absolutely. With the new LPS-1 even more so. IMHO.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

A: Does the Microrendu upsample to DSD 128 without the need to run HQ Player?

Q: No. You need a separate computer with HQP to do that. Your 2009 mac will not be powerful enough.

A: Has anyone used a microrendu with a Lampizator DAC? I understand that some DACS are not compatible with a Microrendu.

Q: Yes. Works up to DSD128.

A: Finally will the sound quality improve over a Mac Mini?

Q: Absolutely. With the new LPS-1 even more so. IMHO.

Hi, Thanks for that, I didn't really want to run a separate computer to upsample, ideally I wanted to do away with the Mac altogether, I may have to have a rethink in which way to go

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO