IGNORED

The End of America?

kilroy

I wonder if people actually believe that Trump could build a wall along the Mexican border and make Mexico pay for it or ban all muslims from entering the US, or if they just like the cut of his jib when he says stuff like that.

The problem is not whether they believe him or not - the problem is having elected someone who actually says these things !

Would you say this at the dinner table to your kids ? Do you think this is setting a good example ?

Not to mention - Is he really addressing the "real issues" here ?

What a complete joke. I am American, living abroad, and I feel ashamed to be an American today !

I'm simply referring to "formal" education, as for example in this article, not implying any further judgment than that:

Education Level Emerges as Sharp Dividing Line in Clinton-Trump Race - Bloomberg Politics

By the way, we see the same thing in Europe these days, blue collar workers who used to vote for more left wing parties and often tend to be on the losing side of Globalization are lured by "simple" messages by populist, often right wing politicians. Trump did the same and said he'll bring back jobs from China, Vietnam etc. by protectionist measures. Whether that has ever been effective anywhere in the long run is a totally different question.

The middle class will have sticker shock when they realize the cost of buying goods from US manufacturers who pay a livable wage and benefits to their workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

I wonder if people actually believe that Trump could build a wall along the Mexican border and make Mexico pay for it or ban all muslims from entering the US, or if they just like the cut of his jib when he says stuff like that.

I have no doubt there will be a big beautiful wall along the Southern Border.

In negotiations, Trump always makes a big first offer (check out his books). So the big first offer is that Mexico alone will pay for the wall. After negotiations, they will end up paying for part of it. :) And if they don't pay directly, putting a tax on cash outflows from Mexican immigrants to Mexico will do the trick.

President-elect Trump does not want to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S.

My system here

I'm simply referring to "formal" education, as for example in this article, not implying any further judgment than that:

Education Level Emerges as Sharp Dividing Line in Clinton-Trump Race - Bloomberg Politics

By the way, we see the same thing in Europe these days, blue collar workers who used to vote for more left wing parties and often tend to be on the losing side of Globalization are lured by "simple" messages by populist, often right wing politicians. Trump did the same and said he'll bring back jobs from China, Vietnam etc. by protectionist measures. Whether that has ever been effective anywhere in the long run is a totally different question.

Germany, 1930s?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

It's interesting for the purpose of making babies. Otherwise, not so much.

Oh boy, you just offended a lot of gay folks who find sex very interesting with not much hope of making babies. Not to mention all the straight folks who have no interest in making babies.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

HADES

Why we build the wall, my children, my children?

Why do we build the wall? (edit)

You should list the credits for above posting. If I missed it, sorry.

Sorry about that.

Anaïs Mitchell "Why We Build The Wall"

I predict you will change that sentiment over the coming months and years.

You may be right. I just can't see how it is civil to treat all Muslims as potential terrorists simply because of their religious beliefs.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

Thanks to semente and snowmonkey for listing the credits for their posts.

Omar Khayyam was a Persian mathematician, astronomer, philosopher and poet. ~ Born 1048, Died 1131.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

President-elect Trump doesn't treat all Muslims as potential terrorists.

I believe we are talking about immigrants, not citizens.

Well on the plus side...at least us Brits won't be at the back of the queue/line come Jan 20th. And his mother came from the Isle of Lewis (I was surprised to read).

It makes sense that his isolationist behaviour may have insular origins.

Islanders and isolated communities are generally suspicious and fearful of what is strange to them.

I once read an interpretation of Bram Stoker's Dracula as a portrait of Victorian UK discomfort in dealing with the wave of immigration from Eastern Europe.

R

Generally that is good sign when an idea that is presented gets repeated like that. Mind expanding already, hopefully!

I believe we are talking about immigrants, not citizens.

Ditto with immigrants.

My system here

Generally that is good sign when an idea that is presented gets repeated like that. Mind expanding already, hopefully!

Ditto with immigrants.

I know I have to quit yapping and begin to learn the new culture that US voters have created with their presidential choice. Learn, listen, to survive until I find a place to fit into the vision created by trump. For the time being, I'm feeling that we have abandoned our democratic virtues for a world where success is measured by the GDP and not the promises of the constitution.