IGNORED

How often do other processes on a computer cause the CPU usage to fail servicing buffering of data for the audio stack.

Ralf11

I did have a whole thread prepared on the subject .but given the never ending personal attacks and hostility from certain members, I have decided it isn't the time or place to post it, as yourself and several others would attempt to completely disrupt the thread.

I don't follow your logic.

If it's your thread, you're able to moderate it as you wish, including asking Chris to delete any posts you feel are disruptive.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Do you have poor reading comprehension ?

I never said it did ! I simply said there could be a few small clicks as the email client checked for new mail (while listening to music with the email screen open) !!!

That still suggests a badly configured system.

I don't follow your logic.

If it's your thread, you're able to moderate it as you wish, including asking Chris to delete any posts you feel are disruptive.

Given the time differences in particular, and Admin having other things to do, disruptive posts could remain and accumulate for quite a while before being removed.

Some of my confirmed reports are already available to HiFi Critic Forum members ONLY to access.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

The most recent Windows 10 builds are IMO badly broken (I'm running two of them), at least for me, especially in the user permissions area (can't install software, share folders on the local network, change some settings), and it's not fixed by a reset, or the bollixed permissions won't allow a reset.

Microsoft has seemingly fired their entire QA or outsourced it to some incompetent subcontractor, because the quality has been going down fast.

I already have one laptop where Win 10 Pro occasionally completely freezes for several minutes, so even mouse pointer won't move. And it is not a hardware problem because it works fine if booted up in safe mode it behaves correctly and also when booted to latest Fedora Linux it works fine. Things used to work fine, until some automagically installed update broke it...

At the moment, I'd just recommend people to go for Linux and forget Windows.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I already have one laptop where Win 10 Pro occasionally completely freezes for several minutes, so even mouse pointer won't move.

With my Win10/64 PC I recently replaced a mouse because it often didn't even have it's LED working.

This kept happening with the new mouse at start up too. I occasionally have to tap keys such as the Windows key to make it operational, but only at start up, and before signing in..

IIRC, this started happening after some Windows Update a while back. Windows has also made many of my files READ Only, so that Sound Forge for example, can only display but not change anything with audio files. None of the Windows fixes work, as quite a few other people have found.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

At the moment, I'd just recommend people to go for Linux and forget Windows. Miska

Yes this is the only avenue left. Windows is going to the Cloud and monthly cost. Microsoft have said W10 is the last.

Dedicated audio software probably using Linux is the way to go. Peter at Phasure has tweaked Windows, but to what ends we hardly use Windows OS when using XXhighend as most, nearly all services are shut down and boy does it sound better for it.

We will reach a stage when Windows will become impassable for quality Audio software.

Robert