IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Are you running a Dirac Live application and set Audirvana Plus to play to it? Or selecting Dirac Live as a Audio Unit plugin in Audirvana Plus, playing then directly to your audio device.

The other player is not using the advanced optimizations of Audirvana Plus like Direct Mode, that's why the virtual device hack can work fine there.

Dirac Live 1.2 is a plugin. I select as output device "Dirac Live" (Mavericks recognizes it) instead of my DAC. It works perfectly, the problem happens with the change of resolution

You do a great job, this is not the most important thing although it is a shame since the Dirac Plugin is an improvement more

Dirac Live 1.2 is a plugin. I select as output device "Dirac Live" (Mavericks recognizes it) instead of my DAC. It works perfectly, the problem happens with the change of resolution

You do a great job, this is not the most important thing although it is a shame since the Dirac Plugin is an improvement more

Ok, so you have the virtual device version. The Audio Unit version may still be in beta. You can ask Dirac to send it to you.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hello, in the future it will be possible to activate the Direct mode of Sierra without using this procedure ?: https://audirvana.com/?p=4048

Thanks Giacomino

Unfortunately this will be far from an easy task as this is due to another "security" measure of Apple in Sierra: they have closed the direct access to any process no developed by Apple to IOAudioFamily using a private entitlement mechanism.

You can tell Apple about this being a real issue ( bugreport.apple.com ). Maybe with lots of similar reports Apple will start to think this is maybe a good idea to listen and start to look into this...

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

But A+ takes the folder names when the information is missing from the file.

So how do you want the album title to be guessed as this information is missing?

That's the point, I don't want it to be guessed. I'm managing the metadata in the files, not with folders. I would like to have the possibility to import the "pure" file metadata and not the "enriched" ones from the folders. Is that an option?

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

That's the point, I don't want it to be guessed. I'm managing the metadata in the files, not with folders. I would like to have the possibility to import the "pure" file metadata and not the "enriched" ones from the folders. Is that an option?

The tracks must be grouped in albums for the display, otherwise such missing album tracks would be invisible.

But the information is not baked in the files until you explicitly save it using the metadata editor.

2.6 beta 13 just released with:

• Fix ReplayGain not computed on albums with mixed sample rates
  • Albums browsing in iTunes playlists in A+ Remote
  • Fix albums and tracks scroll position restored when going back to same view
  • Fix streaming album release date in A+ Remote
  • Add toggle full screen menu item and keyboard shortcut

2.6 beta 13 just released with:

• Fix ReplayGain not computed on albums with mixed sample rates
  • Albums browsing in iTunes playlists in A+ Remote
  • Fix albums and tracks scroll position restored when going back to same view
  • Fix streaming album release date in A+ Remote
  • Add toggle full screen menu item and keyboard shortcut

Hello Damien, it's still not possible to change view options on synced iTunes playlists. Albums are displayed randomly(?). The playlists are displayed correctly in A+ Remote though.

The tracks must be grouped in albums for the display, otherwise such missing album tracks would be invisible.

But the information is not baked in the files until you explicitly save it using the metadata editor.

Hi Damien,

I am having similar issues with metadata previously saved in files (using previous versions of A+ or XLD) that are apparently not being used or accessed.

I agree with Dyson that if the actual metadata were used, there would be no need to "guess" artist or album names using folder structure and naming.

SInce my previous post on this issue, I have restructured and renamed those multi-disc albums that are not associating correctly, based on your recommendation. Beta13 is still not "guessing" correctly, and now I am getting the message:

"Error Setting Album. Unable to set the tracks in folder Qmultimedia/Compilations/Beyond the Horizon/Horizon D1 to an album that is in another folder (Qmultimedia/Compilations/Beyond the Horizon/Horizon D2)"

Any chance you can look into whether beta 12 and 13 are not using the metadata that are already "baked in"?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

I can probably live and get used to that but getting the cover of another file that has nothing to do is weird... I cannot end up with each file in a separate folder, no?

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Hi Damien,

Great work!

Maybe a small bug: if try to change from Tracks to Albums while library sync the program crash. Happens every time. I'm not sure if only when is building the library first time (my case) or also during the normal sync.

Still looking forward to streaming over network functionality to a thin client :). Distance from iMac to my system don't alow mw to hear Audirvana through my main system:(. But I'm a patient man.

My preferred player so far even in not the most used (see above)!

Keep game running. Really great software and good to see the active interaction with your users during this public beta phase.

Hello Damien, it's still not possible to change view options on synced iTunes playlists. Albums are displayed randomly(?). The playlists are displayed correctly in A+ Remote though.

Fixed for beta 14 :)

I still have occasionnally a song that stop at 2 seconds at the end...

I have to move the slider to the right to continu playing the CD in order.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I still have occasionnally a song that stop at 2 seconds at the end...

I have to move the slider to the right to continu playing the CD in order.

On this one, if someone finds a pattern to reproduce this with certainty, this will be very useful...

On this one, if someone finds a pattern to reproduce this with certainty, this will be very useful...

I do have that occasionally even in 2.5. Haven't found how to reproduce it yet. But usually it happens when other apps are open as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

But usually it happens when other apps are open as well.

btw... are you going to revamp "System Optimization" too, Damien?

doesn't look it actually does much (if anything at all) anymore :(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

thanks MemoryPlayer but... just reading "Amarra" gives me itches :P

(plus I've already done by hand most of that ;) )

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hello

Sometimes when I add files to play queue, the file will not load fully and the last few seconds will get cut off

I do process from PCM to DSD128

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Hello Damien

This is still happening

If I add a song to existing play queue sometimes the last few second of the song will get cutoff. This is when using Tidal playback

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Hello Damien

This is still happening

If I add a song to existing play queue sometimes the last few second of the song will get cutoff. This is when using Tidal playback

I have been experiencing this issue for well over a year.. if not two. I've mentioned it rather frequently - especially when others had similar problems.

It happens 90%+ with the first track loaded.

It appears to be related to RAM buffering. It only seems to happen when I'm upsampling. Keeping the RAM buffer used for A+ under 1gb seems to reduce the issue, but not solve it. Pausing playback until the first track has loaded helps too (but it can still stall when I do that). Enabling the 5sec delay between tracks doesn't really help.

My old 2010 mini has 8gb RAM. So that may be why I get it more than others.

Suggestion

In the suggestions thread, I mentioned that it might help if A+ only started playback after the first two tracks have fully loaded.

Doing this manually on my headless mini is rather cumbersome. Plus, I don't know whether the tracks have actually been loaded.

So an automatic solution - that can be enabled or disabled in settings would be great.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

If you want, I can send to you this little app..., only 134kb!

Is this little optimisation app something we can all download?

Have you noticed any audible differences using this little app?

Care to name it or give us link? [emoji846]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

I have found a method to enable Direct Mode again... on A+ forum...

I edited it a bit for more easier doing it...

i included in the .ZIP the Read Me file, the .ktext of El Capitan and the Sierra one just in case.

I just did it myself, it is not long maybe 15 mins... Having a backup done if you don't have one is longer :-)

It worked for me, now Direct Mode is on and no bug in A+... i'm already on 10.12.2b3...

I wrote everything to be easy for not computer people to do it...

It weights nothing... download it and read it first, than see if you are not worry :-)

In my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19274252/AudirvanaSierraDirectMode.zip

AT YOUR OWN RISK...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13