IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

PLAYLISTS: For that matter, what can you do with a playlist? OK: I use them as a database tool organising my library, and now that they have album view they're great for that. But what if I just want to play the playlist?

SHUFFLE: For those of us in countries that Qobuz won't provide streaming to… All of my playlists and the Artist views and Composer views would make much better radio if I didn't always hear them in the same order. Every view needs PLAY and SHUFFLE PLAY controls. And the biggie: shuffle must have the option to shuffle by GROUP or by ALBUM. (Don't listen to 'tunes' much… I'd use shuffle, but for whole pieces, not random tracks.)[/indent]

Thanks,

Brandon

+1 The ability to shuffle play by album from a playlist would be ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Ok. Can you check the length of these files, and divide it by the bitrate to compute the actual length of audio data in them?

I'm afraid I need some clarification on this. What units for the file length? Can you provide an example, please?

After discovering that there were more than just a handful of albums/songs with a similar truncated playback issue, I just reinstalled 2.5.4 and these same files play/display from the player without issue. I also noticed that the remote displayed the correct time.

Hopefully this will be corrected in due course as I was truly liking the new features and function.

I was wondering today why my playlist "recently played", set to show any track played within last month, did not show any track, although I played a lot: I found out that A+ thinks the year is 1985!!! Of course I restarted my mac mini, I tried to reindex my database, I tried everything I could think of, but no success.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Damien,

Bottom Line Up Front: Please consider extending the volume control to -128dB.

Discussion: Most of my workday is spent wearing Sennheiser 280 Pro headphones fed through an AudioQuest DragonFly Red from a MacBook Pro (7,1). In that application, many of my tracks are too loud even at their lowest volume setting. I'd like to be able to further attenuate the sound level.

Thanks,

Art

Have you tried holding down Shift+Option while pressing the volume keys? It's a finer control.

Is it my imagination or is the new app quite slow in loading album art when scrolling? Both when browsing Tidal and my local library. Sometimes it actually stops loading cover art completely when browsing the local library. Have to restart the app or switch tab and back again to get it start loading again. My internet connection is super fast so that isn't the problem.

Anybody else having this?

Yes, Some cover take longer to show-up.. but when you click in the blank cover they show up instantly.. For sure Damien will fix it.

Is it my imagination or is the new app quite slow in loading album art when scrolling? Both when browsing Tidal and my local library. Sometimes it actually stops loading cover art completely when browsing the local library. Have to restart the app or switch tab and back again to get it start loading again. My internet connection is super fast so that isn't the problem.

Anybody else having this?

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Unfortunately no, as Apple has locked (using their private entitlement mechanism) the access used by Direct Mode.

So the only solution for now is the replacement of the kernel extension IOAudioFamily.kext by the one from El Capitan.

I have a favor to ask, would it be possible for anyone to share this kernel extension from El Capitan? I have no idea how else to get hold of it. My MacOS is already updated to Sierra. Kindest thanks in advance!

Tried the first beta and gave up after a number of failed load attempts of the nas library. Left it over night and when I came back the blue line was gone and all albums seemed to be in place. Clicked on a random album and there was no tracks to play. Almost all albums behaved this way. Then got tired of this bug hunt and went back to the the latest functional version thought I just wait for the finished "update version". Today the non beta behaved the same way, so I searched trough the library (again) witch took me another two hours and now all seemed to be in place again. Sadly the buffering time is now noticably slower and to shift to a different tune not buffered yet takes for ever. This is starting to feel like a bad yoke on my expence.

Hello

Sometimes when I add files to play queue, the file will not load fully and the last few seconds will get cut off

I do process from PCM to DSD128

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Hello

Sometimes when I add files to play queue, the file will not load fully and the last few seconds will get cut off

I do process from PCM to DSD128

So it happens when I add using Play Next. If I add using Add to Play Queue it is ok, but when I add using Play Next the track will not fully load.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

the great new Sierra security feature is such that, to mount a NAS share, user has every single time to manually click "Connect" first, which is a PITA on an headless machine set to auto-mount the share

i don't know NAS, but have you tried software for firewall like Little Snitch or Hands Offs, maybe they can pass that setting?? if i remember, don't forget to remove the Apple firewall if you install them...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I'm afraid I need some clarification on this. What units for the file length? Can you provide an example, please?

After discovering that there were more than just a handful of albums/songs with a similar truncated playback issue, I just reinstalled 2.5.4 and these same files play/display from the player without issue. I also noticed that the remote displayed the correct time.

Hopefully this will be corrected in due course as I was truly liking the new features and function.

Hi -

What is the length of time the file should play, and what length of time does it play?

Redbook or hi res or both for the files with this behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi -

What is the length of time the file should play, and what length of time does it play?

Redbook or hi res or both for the files with this behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Select DSD64 and DSD128 songs/albums from various sources. Here are screenshots of two. The Remote shows the actual time while the player shows the truncated time:

IMG_0254.JPG

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 6.17.06 PM.jpg

IMG_0255.JPG

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 6.20.19 PM.jpg

Hello Damien,

Little bug in the 2.6b prefs window.. the text for sync should be aligned on the right...

Snapz001.jpg

Annoying preferences not kept everytime opening A+ or switching from Tracks view to Albums to Tracks...

I thought that 2.6 would have set this up... maintaining prefs look. This is how i set my Tracks window setting

Snapz003.jpg

but everytimes i go switching to Albums view and want to go back in Tracks view it reloads like this:

Snapz002.jpg

And then, have to click on all tracks button to see the panels

Snapz004.jpg

and then setting up the panels look again... there surely a way to maintain those settings??

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

i'm in the process to run the Replay Gain on all my files...

I see that all my .DFF files have not been applied a replain gain number, is this normal with DSD files or .DSF would have got one ?

Thank you.

In Tidal, if the search has too many results, for example having an album search with 500 results, if you scroll fast down the list on the computer A+ crashes and I had to force quit A+ every time (music will play but nothing works and you get the rainbow circle going with software not responding)

Also on A+ remote if the list is long during scroll down you see all album covers loading slowly as u go down but comping up the list you lose some of the album covers and to get them back you need to refresh the page. Unfortunately for refreshing you need to got all the way up the page and after refresh all album covers need to reload as u go down the list again which makes searching very slow.

In Tidal, if the search has too many results, for example having an album search with 500 results, if you scroll fast down the list on the computer A+ crashes and I had to force quit A+ every time (music will play but nothing works and you get the rainbow circle going with software not responding)

Also on A+ remote if the list is long during scroll down you see all album covers loading slowly as u go down but comping up the list you lose some of the album covers and to get them back you need to refresh the page. Unfortunately for refreshing you need to got all the way up the page and after refresh all album covers need to reload as u go down the list again which makes searching very slow.

+1. Have that one too.

Thanks for reply... Mine were not double CDs but for exemple an SACD with 5 tracks in the folder with the cover named cover.jpg in that folder i kept for exemple my old japan CD version that as 4 bonus tracks... so it was in with the sacd tracks and the cover but to know those tracks came from outise this sacd i kept the folder named: old japan cd. In A+ i changed the title to the same of the SACD and put the same cover. All was good with 2.5.4... and JRiver too.

i still think it should continu with the new library if you choose: Update my library with new 2.6

it could change if i used instead: Start from scratch...

Anyway 1.5 day later in full time i renamed all those Albums :-(

With CD 01 and CD 02 at the end and kept an empty folder with the old title for the bonus tracks in the CD 02 folder. It works. Again my library is back Ok... All those changes doesn't bother JRiver library... it follows.

The point in using the folder as a criteria for album grouping is to deal with the issue of the wrongly grouped tracks in same album. "Greatest Hits" albums are the usual case: if the album artist information is missing, in 2.5, all tracks of "Greatest Hits" albums were wrongly grouped in a single album.

If you have a better solution than using the tracks folder for this, please tell!

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

i'm in the process to run the Replay Gain on all my files...

I see that all my .DFF files have not been applied a replain gain number, is this normal with DSD files or .DSF would have got one ?

Thank you.

DSD format can't be edited. No volume control can be applied to it, so no ReplayGain.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

thinking about the"great new security feature" :rolleyes: introduced by Sierra :mad: ...

@damien: could you, please, make it so A+ directly logs to the NAS instead of having the user mount the share first? :)

(the great new Sierra security feature is such that, to mount a NAS share, user has every single time to manually click "Connect" first, which is a PITA on an headless machine set to auto-mount the share)

A+ already requests in the background the NAS folder to be mounted if this is not the case. But with the NAS password can't be stored in A+ (security features of Apple...)

Have you tried holding down Shift+Option while pressing the volume keys? It's a finer control.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, maximum attenuation is still on -64dB. I'd like it to go deeper, perhaps -128db, as my system configuration (MacBook Pro to Dragonfly Red to Sennheiser 280 Pro) is as simple as I can get, but is still too loud on some tracks even at the lowest volume setting.