IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

My library of 2600 albums was all setup perfectly in A+ like i want (at last after many weeks of tweaking), it was aslo perfectly looking in JRiver too especially that soft has the DR tab, and recently had to had ''cover.jpg'' in folders that missed that for HQPlayer to be all covered looking too :-)

Tried the 2.6 update and said to start from scratch just to be sure to don't import bad things from previous library... Many of my albums had 2 covers now displaying in albums view... restart all 2.6 and said update my old library instead that was perfect in 2.5.4... same thing happen, Arf!!!

It seems to me that A+ 2.6 is not able to see that in an album folder on my Hard disc, that has the flac files and the cover with another folder in it with bonus flac files from another edition that i kept and tagged with the same title and cover as the real album... now the bonus tracks or the one from another album are different CD number, in the same folder are appearing in two separates covers in album view.

i've found that just copying the title in the first folder and paste that title (that is the same anyway) on the doubled cover bring it to one album again in 2.6 Did many albums to repaired them... stop to save A+ state just in case it crash.... Reopen all the changes are OK... come back today after work... did all the letters A, B, C in library and close A+ again. Reopen A+, at some time it reload library all the changes i've done are gone.... Trashed all prefs files, put backup in again... load 2.5.4, trash 2.6b

The tracks are grouped by album when they share the 3 following values:

1. Album title (or folder title if this one is missing)

2. Album artists (or parent folder title if the album title is missing)

3. Parent folder (exact same name except if it ends with CD nn, Disc nn, Part nn, ... where this suffix is not used for the comparison)

This 3rd criteria is new and is added to avoid wrongly grouping tracks of albums that share the same title (e.g. the "Greatest Hits" albums)

In your case the solution is then to rename the folders of the different discs making the album so they have the same name except for a CD 01, CD 02, ... suffix

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Thanks for the beta test access. I upgraded yesterday and noticed that many of my songs/albums only have 20 odd seconds of playtime. I started the ReplayGain feature - took a while to run through all my albums. The process is done and verified - only 22 still have issues, but some songs/albums are still truncated to that 15-20 second length of playback.

Thanks for the beta test access. I upgraded yesterday and noticed that many of my songs/albums only have 20 odd seconds of playtime. I started the ReplayGain feature - took a while to run through all my albums. The process is done and verified - only 22 still have issues, but some songs/albums are still truncated to that 15-20 second length of playback.

Can you check the actual length of these audio files?

What is the indicated track length?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

[ATTACH]30588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30589[/ATTACH]

Ok. Can you check the length of these files, and divide it by the bitrate to compute the actual length of audio data in them?

I have done a lot of work on my existing library metadata to have multiple-disc albums appear as a single group, as well as embedding album art into tracks. All of this was done in A+ or XLD.

When migrating my library from 2.5.4 to the 2.6 beta, multiple discs now appear as separate albums. Some albums are missing album art. It would be an improvement to migrate all A+ metadata from previous libraries.

I do like the fact that the auto-sync doesn't prevent metadata editing, like in previous versions. Initial sync takes about the same amount of time as 2.5.4, but after the initial sync, is much more efficient and seamless.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

I think RunHomeSlow and I are talking about the same issue.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

thinking about the"great new security feature" :rolleyes: introduced by Sierra :mad: ...

@damien: could you, please, make it so A+ directly logs to the NAS instead of having the user mount the share first? :)

(the great new Sierra security feature is such that, to mount a NAS share, user has every single time to manually click "Connect" first, which is a PITA on an headless machine set to auto-mount the share)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

A few initial observations (updated to 2.5.99.11). The sound quality seems on par with previous releases. I've often thought whether Damien actually tweaks the sound so often as some feel. Maybe not. Opening preferences or the window for adding music seems indeed faster but the actual process of syncing more albums (library) (at least in my case) is noticeably slower than before. Anyone?

A couple of observations:

1. View options (View | Show View Options) seem to keep defaulting to 1. Album Artist, then 2. Album Name. When I tried to change it to 1. Album Name, 2. (none), the program crashes.
  2. I keep getting momentary glitches in playback to iFi Micro iDSD attached via USB. Here is the log of such a glitch

Audirvana playback glitch.txt

Audirvana playback glitch.pdf

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I have done a lot of work on my existing library metadata to have multiple-disc albums appear as a single group, as well as embedding album art into tracks. All of this was done in A+ or XLD.

When migrating my library from 2.5.4 to the 2.6 beta, multiple discs now appear as separate albums. Some albums are missing album art. It would be an improvement to migrate all A+ metadata from previous libraries.

I do like the fact that the auto-sync doesn't prevent metadata editing, like in previous versions. Initial sync takes about the same amount of time as 2.5.4, but after the initial sync, is much more efficient and seamless.

Exactly the same for me.

Organized albums became sometimes duplicate or splitted between CD1 & 2 or 3 rather than stayed grouped as per 2.5 version where it was absolutly clean and no brainer.

This is something that needs to be sorted out quickly since it affects my feeling of database integrity or UI pleasure.

Obviously , this is still a Beta version, and we might say that it doen't affect sound at all, but from my perspective, this should be adressed by Damien before official version launch.

Keep on the good track and thanks for efforts Damien.

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

I'm really enjoying this new version, it's so much faster! A few things I've noticed:

1. I can't seem to change the album artist field using the metadata editor when in tracks list view.
  2. The legacy search/filter mode only seems to search the track, album and comments fields when in track list view (it doesn't search the artist and album artist fields). It does search artist and album artist when in album view.
  3. When I use the new complete library search and select tracks, the results are shown in random order - attempting to sort the tracks using the column headers doesn't work and the Show View Options menu item is greyed out.
  4. I LOVE the new ReplayGain feature! For convenience it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut so if I have an album selected in album view mode I can hit the shortcut to calculate the ReplayGain values rather than have to find the album in the ReplayGain menu list.

Damien,

Bottom Line Up Front: Please consider extending the volume control to -128dB.

Discussion: Most of my workday is spent wearing Sennheiser 280 Pro headphones fed through an AudioQuest DragonFly Red from a MacBook Pro (7,1). In that application, many of my tracks are too loud even at their lowest volume setting. I'd like to be able to further attenuate the sound level.

Thanks,

Art

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Damien,

Bottom Line Up Front: Please consider extending the volume control to -128dB.

Discussion: Most of my workday is spent wearing Sennheiser 280 Pro headphones fed through an AudioQuest DragonFly Red from a MacBook Pro (7,1). In that application, many of my tracks are too loud even at their lowest volume setting. I'd like to be able to further attenuate the sound level.

Thanks,

Art

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Possible alternative, works great:

Schiit Audio, Headphone amps and DACs made in USA.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Damien, thank you for the new release. Faster and like the new navigation feature.

Just wondering if you could consider displaying track's comments field in the main panel in the same way Qobuz or Tidal navigation displays album's comment.

capture1.jpg

thanks again for the great work!

The tracks are grouped by album when they share the 3 following values:

1. Album title (or folder title if this one is missing)

2. Album artists (or parent folder title if the album title is missing)

3. Parent folder (exact same name except if it ends with CD nn, Disc nn, Part nn, ... where this suffix is not used for the comparison)

This 3rd criteria is new and is added to avoid wrongly grouping tracks of albums that share the same title (e.g. the "Greatest Hits" albums)

In your case the solution is then to rename the folders of the different discs making the album so they have the same name except for a CD 01, CD 02, ... suffix

Thanks for reply... Mine were not double CDs but for exemple an SACD with 5 tracks in the folder with the cover named cover.jpg in that folder i kept for exemple my old japan CD version that as 4 bonus tracks... so it was in with the sacd tracks and the cover but to know those tracks came from outise this sacd i kept the folder named: old japan cd. In A+ i changed the title to the same of the SACD and put the same cover. All was good with 2.5.4... and JRiver too.

i still think it should continu with the new library if you choose: Update my library with new 2.6

it could change if i used instead: Start from scratch...

Anyway 1.5 day later in full time i renamed all those Albums :-(

With CD 01 and CD 02 at the end and kept an empty folder with the old title for the bonus tracks in the CD 02 folder. It works. Again my library is back Ok... All those changes doesn't bother JRiver library... it follows.

But i had to redone the DR value because it was now new tracks in JRiver for all the albums i changed.

For 2.6

Yes it loads faster, good thing.

Before in Album i couldn't update albums while it was scanning library... but if i switch the tracks view, i could do those changes... Doesn't work for me in Tracks view now... clicking in the colomn for group brings you back to beginning...

I better love the full black background in album view.

As another member mention, sometimes saves tags make A+ hangs. This happens i think while music playing... it froze the interface for like 1, 2 mins but the music still plays without hickup at DSD128 upsampling.

Yesterday while doing all the changes at fast pace. The library (2600 albums) was refreshing for long time, longer than usual, it was not finishing and i got a message from Mac Mini that my hard disc was going full... i have 23 gb of data left :-) so i didn't understand what was happening... it went to zero bytes... had to force quit A+. Restarted and all my 23gb returned...

I wish we could see the DR range in options like the bitdepth or sample rate.

The remote seems to have more difficulties to refresh on my iPhone 5c the see all the covers images… many places i don’t see the covers but they are their if i click the album.

In Remote i wish i could list my albums in YEAR not in Alphabetic.

Yes Direct Mode is still missing, and looking forward to less CPU usage in DSD upsampling

Continu nice work Damien, don’t do another NEW library update :-)

Back to music. Nice weekend all.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Anyway 1.5 day later in full time i renamed all those Albums :-(

With CD 01 and CD 02 at the end and kept an empty folder with the old title for the bonus tracks in the CD 02 folder. It works. Again my library is back Ok... All those changes doesn't bother JRiver library... it follows.

what should work (and always has, here) with any application to keep multi-disc albums together is:

- same "Album Artist"

- same "Album Title"

- *use* "Disc (#)" *and* "Of (#)" tags (which, can't get why, almost no one does)

then if you want to have different versions/rips/formats add it to "Album Title" eg. [CD rip] or [sACD] etc (and to folder title, if they happen to be in the same directory on your NAS/HD)

no need, this way, to have separate folders for each disc

;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

BTW, why do you still use the legacy iTunes integrated mode?

I'm glad you asked!

There are all sorts of good reasons why I want to get rid of iTunes (SQ, lack of DSD and FLAC support, and Apple's addiction to breaking things and removing features with every "upgrade"), BUT it still provides more control over finding, selecting and playing my music than A+ does. For details, I'm re-posting here my wish list from the A+ 2.4 thread. (Most of these may be better dealt with in the iOS remote app, but I'd like to see them in the desktop as well.):

GROUPS: You can see groups in all the various album views, but what can you actually do with them? As far as I can tell, you can't actually play them. We need the little °°° control thing in the grey 'group' bars, just as they appear for albums and tracks. (I'd like to see groups in list/track view as well… but I almost never use list views when album view is available, so it's not a priority.)

PLAYLISTS: For that matter, what can you do with a playlist? OK: I use them as a database tool organising my library, and now that they have album view they're great for that. But what if I just want to play the playlist?

COMPOSER: It's not just another
db
field! Please, can we have a Composer view like the Artist view. (Get your little stick-figure artist dude to put down his baton, and sit with a pen…) And while we're at it, both Artist and Composer views have same comments as playlist views: great for finding stuff, but I'd like to be able to play them as well. (My whole list of Arnold Bax becomes a cool playlist for an afternoon. Or I could click play in the Bach view, and not come up for air for a month…)

SHUFFLE: For those of us in countries that Qobuz won't provide streaming to… All of my playlists and the Artist views and Composer views would make much better radio if I didn't always hear them in the same order. Every view needs PLAY and SHUFFLE PLAY controls. And the biggie: shuffle must have the option to shuffle by GROUP or by ALBUM. (Don't listen to 'tunes' much… I'd use shuffle, but for whole pieces, not random tracks.)

Thanks,

Brandon