IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

a basic super-newbie question - i'm registered to Tidal, but I can't access Tidal music from Audirvana. I have an empty screen - [ATTACH=CONFIG]32625[/ATTACH]

i've read the manuals and searched everywhere but can't find the "Sources" pane.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if it was asked before.

You've collapsed it fully to the left. Drag the split line that is at the extreme left to the right

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Just released 2.6.5 that brings bug fixes and minor UI updates:

• Fix missing tracks/albums/artists and rare crash when importing
  • Fix incorrect bitrate for tracks imported from iTunes library
  • In Play Queue: if playing track selected, selection follows it to keep tracks details display playing track
  • Add Cmd . shortcut to completely stop playback
  • Fix manual playlist display not updated when removing all its tracks
  • Fix Play Queue duration was displayed zero
  • Fix migration from version 2.5 of albums view sort criteria
  • Other minor bugs fixes

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Forgot to tell you the sort name is not reloaded if the artist is already in the database. So either you make a whole new sync, or you change the artists sort name in Audirvana Plus.

ok, thank you Damien: a "start from scratch" is already planned for v3.0 so... *please* add an option for setting "Import Date" accordingly to "(enclosing) Folder creation date" :)

no: that other app does not write anything at all to files. thinking of it the folder I checked is the one containing my oldest rips made using Max and auto-tagging from MusicBrainz

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

With new 2.6.5 the Audio Units don't work anymore here. Not in the background nor in realtime mode. Tracks just don't start. OSX 10.9.5, Firewire to Mytek 192 DSD, AIFF-Files. Anybody else?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

Just released 2.6.5 that brings bug fixes and minor UI updates:

• Fix missing tracks/albums/artists and rare crash when importing
  • Fix incorrect bitrate for tracks imported from iTunes library
  • In Play Queue: if playing track selected, selection follows it to keep tracks details display playing track
  • Add Cmd . shortcut to completely stop playback
  • Fix manual playlist display not updated when removing all its tracks
  • Fix Play Queue duration was displayed zero
  • Fix migration from version 2.5 of albums view sort criteria
  • Other minor bugs fixes

Thanks for the latest update @damien.

The new build seems fine except the stopping a couple secs before the end of track is still there

It happened twice and on both occasions I was streaming from TIDAL using TIDAL playlists.

Thanks.

Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

I have yet to spend time with 2.6.5. If it does fix this most elusive bug that has toyed with me for well over a year, I'd be thrilled to bits!

Minority-world problems, eh? [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

The soloist is an artist. That's why it appears in the artists list.

Yes, I know. That's why I suppose to change the name of the new (since 2.6) grouped ARTIST&SOLOIST field into ARTISTS. Then the difference is clearer.

But besides that, please let us the option to list our ARTIST Tag exactly how it is saved in our files, this is a important Tag. Thanks.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

please let us the option to list our ARTIST Tag exactly how it is saved in our files, this is a important Tag. Thanks.

+1

and/or let users pick which tags A+ should consider

oh, and... *please*: show *YEAR* both in "Album" metadata viewer and among "main data" (top line, where cover art, title, artists etc are diplayed): *not* just in single tracks' metadata viewer :(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

The problem also occurred while listening to an album from TIDAL.

Is it happening on the last track of the album/playlist? Or any?

What is the amount of pre-allocated memory for the audio buffers? (Is the track loading entirely, or in several chunks)?

On the -2 second from end of first stall bug, it seems to help if I keep the pre-allocated memory below 1gb... where track loads in several chunks ... but successful loading of next track seems to depend on length of track.

Issue only happens while upsampling. It was an issue before DSD upsampling was introduced.

Not sure if this reflects other people's experiences, though...

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

I can't really reproduce the 2nd bug consistently. It happens more often when A+ isn't the only app running on the computer, and a bit more often on the first track of an album, but these are the only patterns I was able to observe.

@damien

as other users I find that the new Artist, Conductor, Ensamble and Soloist grouping in the Artist field can be quite confusing. I use iTunes to load my library as it can mantain it very well organized but I use an iPod too (60Gb, until it lasts) synchronized with iTunes and here is the problem: iPod sw can manage only Artist and the result is that I have the Artist information totally unusable on the iPod. Here a little example

artist.jpg

and the Artist, in this example Bach, Johann Sebastian is after Soloist, Conductor and Ensamble

any idea about a solution?

thank you

Stefano

My audio system

@damien

as other users I find that the new Artist, Conductor, Ensamble and Soloist grouping in the Artist field can be quite confusing......

and the Artist, in this example Bach, Johann Sebastian is after Soloist, Conductor and Ensamble

any idea about a solution?

thank you

Thank you, Stefano for your contribution. Indeed, the new grouped Artist field leaves me stuck with 2.5.4 after many years of using nice A+. For me it's also not usable in list view. :-(

I can't really reproduce the 2nd bug consistently. It happens more often when A+ isn't the only app running on the computer, and a bit more often on the first track of an album, but these are the only patterns I was able to observe.

Same here!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Audirvana 2.6.5 crashes when using audio units:

1. open audio units effects

2. select particular apple au effect

3. choose to “configure” it (managing AU effect or not managing it)

4. close this particular au effect (red button on up/left corner of the audirvana preferences window)

5. go to audirvana preferences to chose audio units again

6. last au effect that I use it before opens AND audio units (audirvana preferences) window start to move (I can’t stop it) to the left

side of screen and when it disappears audirvana freeze/crash. It frezzes every time when I reproduce this steps.

iPod sw can manage only Artist and the result is that I have the Artist information totally unusable on the iPod. Here a little example

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32780[/ATTACH]

I'm not a fan of this new "multi-artist" thing but... actually A+ is not writing all those to your file's "Artist" tag: is just showing *in the app itself and only there* artist from different file tags all grouped together ;)

headphones system:

.... this is what I find in iTunes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32787[/ATTACH]

ouch: this indeed sucks!

weird though as, checking my music files with Yate, I can't find anything like that: each artist/composer is still in its original tag

must be something that only happens in iTunes (that I do not use) integrated mode :(

headphones system: