IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Hello pl_svn,

Don't know for sure what you mean by manual and smart...

but mine were manually made smart playlists in A+ by me... :-)

When i start from Scratch with the 2.6 update, all playlists didn't follow, i had to reload 2.5.4 to export them and reimport them in 2.6. As you can see in picture and i checked today to be sure... All my new CDs or files follows in the category of Sample Rates and also in the Year that they belong...

oh, wow, thank you: will give it a try then :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

RunHomeSlow beat me to it, but I also copy my smart playlists and can restore from them without issues.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

I exported all my playlist from the menu of A+ and they are in a folder on my MacMini... If i lose them i can just Import them back through the same menu...

I don't see any way of exporting playlists except one at a time, which would be too tedious. Am I missing something?

I don't see any way of exporting playlists except one at a time, which would be too tedious. Am I missing something?

Maybe another wish for A+ 3 :-)

I can't remember if i've done it like 78 times for mine...

or if i tried it with JRiver... that CAN save ALL playlists in one time.

But in the end, when you done it once... :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Fair enough... I do this for a living and if Damien is interested, I will offer a heuristic review and design recommendations for the UX, free of charge - no strings or expectations, whatsoever. Not looking for work here, but would like to see A+ improve in this area and I can help.

-- Ken

I definitely value SQ over UE, but it's nice to have both (assuming Damien has enough time for both). I appreciate Krutsch's offer to provide some time if it works out.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

I finally got round to updating to 2.6.4 today from 2.5.4

Happy to say that everything went smoothly, and have been using it all night via the app on my iPad mini.

It's installed on my old 2008 MacBook running OS X 10.10.5

All my albums seem in order, but I did spend a bit of time over the winter going through them, and fixing meta data with music tag editor.

Have not really dug into the updates yet, to busy just listening to music.

Thanks Damian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just released Audirvana Plus 2.6.4 with bug fixes:

• Fix FLAC loader issue leading to playback stopping sometimes in last 2s of a track

@damien,

I'm afraid the above problem started to reappear again. No idea when it started and what causes it but it seems to do the same thing as before ie the playback getting stuck 2 secs before the end.

Generally happens on the first track of the play.

I normally start playing an album in a long playlist with many different albums but I think it also happens when I start playing an album from my music collection in TIDAL.

Does anyone else experience this with the latest build, 2.6.4?

Best.

Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

+1

But less often than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Entendi tudo, alguém ficou com alguma dúvida?

É um bot?

sansick03 posted the same post in three different threads... maybe a bot?

I'm from Oregon, but handy with google translate (I'm not as good as you at other languages). Sorry if it was confusing.

Hello,

Post that on the general forum… 166 views but no answer… Since everybody here is on a mac… i try again.

This is a Sierra only bug for me, works as expected with older system. It is also working if i use a keyboard directly plugged in the MacMini. Seems like it is just with screen sharing and Sierra that this is appearing.

So... setup is MacMini with Sierra 10.12.2 released version with a TV as screen and using an iMac 2008 for playing with the database of A+ and JRvier. That iMac is on El Capitan 10.11.6 because i can't go further. So i use screen sharing to see that macmini and using the iMac keyboard to work with database or navigating.

The first thing i observed is that when i want to go to a specific CD on my desktop, i usually hold the Alt key for navigating... that closes the window i just clicked while opening the one i want to see...Meaning to go to Zappa Grand Wazoo album, i have to click: Music (hard drive), then Folder letter Z, then Folder Zappa Frank, then Folder Grand Wazoo... makes 4 windows open on desktop, but when holding the alt key there is just one folder open... the last one. THAT doesn't work for me anymore, i have to click them all to close them. Very annoying!

Anyone saw that appearing for you with Sierra or know how to solve it?

Thanks for reading.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Make the sort possibilities of albums view the same as they are for tracks view and I'm complete satisfied.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

Yes, this is going to suck slightly more than a wee bit but I confirmed from my work setup what I saw from home - in order to resolve the truncated DSD file issue I need to start the library from scratch. Unfortunately, after I exported another set of my playlists only a few of my smaller playlists are able to be imported without error. My primary one - just shy of 19 days of select tracks from albums, errors out - as posted earlier in this thread.

Again, despite ongoing issues with Audirvana from all its previous versions, the latest is worth the effort and time it will take to re-build this fellow. At least I can have the two versions needed up side-by-side for this. Too bad it is not as simply and just dragging and dropping. C'est la vie = )

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I finally got around to tackling the first phase - correcting broken/duplicate albums solely by sight from the album covers, yesterday and have since begun the second phase - re-creating my primary playlist which, though exported from the previous versions could not be imported.

As my efforts continued I came to truly appreciate all of the corrections/adjustments - remembering your location even when you change your view, etc. I just wanted to say thanks to all.

I noticed this at home and confirmed that it is the same here at my work setup. Not sure if this has been noted/reported as yet:

Image1484483238.674540.jpg

Another playlist issue - can anyone else confirm this or have a solution?

I created a manual playlist in 2.6.4. However, I cannot delete individual tracks from it. The only way to delete tracks from playlist is to actually delete tracks from the library.

Another playlist issue - can anyone else confirm this or have a solution?

I created a manual playlist in 2.6.4. However, I cannot delete individual tracks from it. The only way to delete tracks from playlist is to actually delete tracks from the library.

I create manual playlists in 2.6.x all the time and I can delete individual tracks by selecting the track(s) and hitting the delete key. Never experienced problems with this. Sometimes it was messing up the playlists but the latest version 2.6.4 seems to be OK.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

+1

Ok, I'm going to delete the database and start over, see if this makes a difference.

Damien, once A+ V3 is released, will there be no more fixes to A+ 2.6? In other words, if we have unresolved issues in A+ 2.6.4, will we need to go to A+ V3 to get them fixed?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Ok, I'm going to delete the database and start over, see if this makes a difference.

Deleting the database file solved the problem.

Damien, once A+ V3 is released, will there be no more fixes to A+ 2.6? In other words, if we have unresolved issues in A+ 2.6.4, will we need to go to A+ V3 to get them fixed?

I asked the same question in this thread, and haven't received an answer yet.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/audirvana-plus-mqa-decoder-31163/

Would be great to hear from Damien, as MQA is a feature probably not everybody needs.

Good evening! I recently added two albums, and some of the tracks are showing 0 for the bit size and channel number. I've tried re-importing the tracks with no success. Has anyone else seen this?

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

“There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others."

-William Faulkner

Good evening! I recently added two albums, and some of the tracks are showing 0 for the bit size and channel number. I've tried re-importing the tracks with no success. Has anyone else seen this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32544[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32545[/ATTACH]

+1

Have just noticed this as well for a few albums

+1

Have just noticed this as well for a few albums

I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the database and starting over. Of course, that's not ideal if I have to do that every time I add a new album.

“There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others."

-William Faulkner