IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

ok i will give it a go,thanks

Try to get rid of iTunes also... make your changes in A+ standalone :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Thanks guys - my bad. Forgot all that good advice already posted... it hasn't been an issue for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

@odelay: the bottom line is that there is an issue with Remote that should be addressed in future versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

OK followed the first two lines as the last two didn't seem to exist,but still, SUCCESS !! no crashes so far even with IOS app open ,many thanks .

Maybe you want to start from scratch... i wrote that for someone else elsewhere

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

Go to User... home Folder... library... Applications Support... Audirvana...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite file

Go to User... home folder... library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

OK followed the first two lines as the last two didn't seem to exist,but still, SUCCESS !! no crashes so far even with IOS app open ,many thanks .

Glad it helps you,

By default i think Apple still hide the User Library... If i remember (at the job now on PC), when you are in your little home folder ''house'' you can do CMD + i for info on that window... and you can select at the bottom... show library :-) then you will have access to those 2 files...

The first is your music library... always good to copy that one somewhere when your library is set up just in case of a bug or corruption. Just put back that file where it was and your database will be the same as it was that day...

The second line file, is the A+ preferences like when you set it up in the preferences panels of A+...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Right i will try that,im on a minimac 09 server,the os is slightly different from the norm.

Slightly off topic but Im Really into Tidal at the moment(on the trial)and wondered if it was possible to add Tidal tracks to Tidal playlist MY MUSIC within AV ?

...when I activated replayGain I checked "preserve album dynamics" so there should not be any compression effect IMHO.

The options "Preserve album dynamics" and "All tracks equal loudness" have nothing to do with compression effects, they just indicate whether volume normalisation should be performed on a per-album or per-track basis. The former preserves loudness differences originally present between album tracks (as intended by the producer), the latter doesn't, which might come in handy with e.g. mixed playlists. To the best of my knowledge, Audirvana Plus never adds dynamic compression, nor limiting, to the audio stream.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

The application itself is very fine, but the interface is mess.

I'm afraid I have to agree. I feel bad saying that, as I've spent many hours with Audirvana over the years.

I've commented about the "jumping" UI behavior of the 2.6 release, but it goes far deeper than that (e.g. conflicting colors used for highlighting and selecting, for starters).

Few people appreciate the incredible design detail that's gone into iTunes and Audirvana is simply clumsy to use and uncomfortable to look at, IMO.

Damien could address a lot of it with the assistance of a seasoned visual and/or interaction designer, but like most talented software engineers, he doesn't see the value.

With Roon adopting multi-channel support in 1.3, I will finally settle-in with Roon as my music manager, as Darko put it: "...to grow old with."

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

It's all about the sound! Minor inconveniences in [constantly improving] iPad interfaces are inconsequential for those really interested in the sound of the music we are listening to. Just deal with it while Damien does his magic!!! Roon, Ammara and any other player I have ever tried are not even close to the sound that Damien is miraculously able to give to us. Audirvana consistently wins hands down for sound quality. Let's let him "do his thing" to get the software tweeked, get MQA decoding imbedded into the program, and after all of that let him play around with the aesthetics of the interface. I question the motives of "malcontents".

It's all about the sound! Minor inconveniences in [constantly improving] iPad interfaces are inconsequential for those really interested in the sound of the music we are listening to. Just deal with it while Damien does his magic!!! Roon, Ammara and any other player I have ever tried are not even close to the sound that Damien is miraculously able to give to us. Audirvana consistently wins hands down for sound quality. Let's let him "do his thing" to get the software tweeked, get MQA decoding imbedded into the program, and after all of that let him play around with the aesthetics of the interface. I question the motives of "malcontents".

Completely agree. For me it is about SQ; as soon as anyone tries to be jack-of-all-trades, well, that is what it will be: another also-run.

It is mostly about the sound

Yes, my primary concern is the sound but I don't see any reason why people should not provide Damien feedback on other aspects of the software, after all he is competing with other suppliers and new users need to be able to use it easily and intuitively or they may never get to appreciate the sound.

As for the IPad interface, it is a mistake to assume everyone has the same needs as you, some of us are running headless and our only way of accessing the software is through our IPads, so for me the ability to access soome features such as playlist control and access to dynamic links is much more important that the ability to see dynamic range details; I have ears that are capable of detecting albums with poor dynamic range anyway.

Damien seems to be a capable business man and a great developer so I am sure he appreciate feedback on all aspects that help him improve his product and that he is capable of detecting posts that are not helpful and ignoring them

It's all about the sound! … I question the motives of "malcontents".

While I'm not overly dissatisfied with the UI, I do see the potential for improvement. But I agree with you that the sound takes precedence. What I don't agree with is questioning the motives of those who are complaining.

Damien could address a lot of it with the assistance of a seasoned visual and/or interaction designer, but like most talented software engineers, he doesn't see the value.

Audirvana began as open source, and Damien openly asked for quite a while for assistance. No one stepped up, unfortunately.

Since Damien was forced to close the source (no assistance, but his IP was ripped off, so an unfortunate experience there), UI design help is a matter of taking input from users with widely varying needs (which Damien very evidently does, as looking at the changelogs will show), or hiring people to assist, involving of course payment, record-keeping, perhaps benefits, etc.

At what point Damien ought to spare the time, money, and energy to engage in this as a priority over other aspects of the player is a question I would suppose Damien is probably in the best position to evaluate.

Of course this doesn't mean UI suggestions are not helpful. However, I think it's incorrect to conclude from the fact you might still wish some things to be changed that Damien sees no value in Audirvana's UI.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Good news, bazzvid.

I think what happened is that when you stopped A+ in the middle of adding music to its database, this caused the database to become inconsistent in a way that crashed the player. (This doesn't happen very often when stopping the scan - I've done so dozens of times without any problem, and I'm sure you have too. But this one time, apparently it happened.) When you got rid of the old inconsistent database files and allowed A+ to create a new set, everything was OK.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Let's take a real hammer.

Steve Earle - Copperhead road

Original CD is DR 16-18, the HDTrack I purchased is DR 7-9!

Ouch. The 20th anniversary reissue of Nirvana's Nevermind is one that bothers me, but it's not as bad as Copperhead Road.

I will (once more! :mad: ) start from scratch once 3.0 will be released hoping this fixes the sorting issues I have since 2.6

what really annoys me, every time I have to do it, is:

1) loosing my import date history (other apps have an option for setting import date accordingly to folder creation date ;) )

2) having to re-build all my smart playlists (no manual playlist here)

what about storing playlists data in a separate file users can keep or some way to export/import them, @damien?

oh, and... "that" option for setting import date from folder creation date, *please* ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Of course this doesn't mean UI suggestions are not helpful. However, I think it's incorrect to conclude from the fact you might still wish some things to be changed that Damien sees no value in Audirvana's UI.

That's not what I said, but I expected such a response.

I know he values the Audirvana UI - I am saying that he doesn't value the assistance of a visual designer. This isn't open source software, anymore, and we have all been happy to pay for it.

But the reality is this: he's competing against *teams* of developers, who are also supported by licensed software that generates revenue. In the case of Roon and iTunes, they understand that the user experience is more than just some guy "...wishing some things to be changed...".

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

what about storing playlists data in a separate file users can keep or some way to export/import them, @damien?

I exported all my playlist from the menu of A+ and they are in a folder on my MacMini... If i lose them i can just Import them back through the same menu...

I exported all my playlist from the menu of A+ and they are in a folder on my MacMini... If i lose them i can just Import them back through the same menu...

works for *manual* playlists but I fear doesn't for *smart* ones: it will export a list of tracks, not the "smart criteria" ;)

:(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

That's not what I said, but I expected such a response.

I know he values the Audirvana UI - I am saying that he doesn't value the assistance of a visual designer. This isn't open source software, anymore, and we have all been happy to pay for it.

But the reality is this: he's competing against *teams* of developers, who are also supported by licensed software that generates revenue. In the case of Roon and iTunes, they understand that the user experience is more than just some guy "...wishing some things to be changed...".

I think, again, it isn't that he doesn't *value* it (whether it be the UI itself or the assistance of a visual designer in order to work on the UI, which is perhaps a rather fine distinction); it is that he is not a large company that can take the decision to hire an employee or consultant as a matter of routine, but must weigh whether he should take that step at this stage while he is still a sole proprietor. So this is to some extent the flip side of the thought that he is competing against teams.

I think, again, it isn't that he doesn't *value* it (whether it be the UI itself or the assistance of a visual designer in order to work on the UI, which is perhaps a rather fine distinction); it is that he is not a large company that can take the decision to hire an employee or consultant as a matter of routine, but must weigh whether he should take that step at this stage while he is still a sole proprietor. So this is to some extent the flip side of the thought that he is competing against teams.

Fair enough... I do this for a living and if Damien is interested, I will offer a heuristic review and design recommendations for the UX, free of charge - no strings or expectations, whatsoever. Not looking for work here, but would like to see A+ improve in this area and I can help.

-- Ken

works for *manual* playlists but I fear doesn't for *smart* ones: it will export a list of tracks, not the "smart criteria" ;):(

Hello pl_svn,

Don't know for sure what you mean by manual and smart...

but mine were manually made smart playlists in A+ by me... :-)

When i start from Scratch with the 2.6 update, all playlists didn't follow, i had to reload 2.5.4 to export them and reimport them in 2.6. As you can see in picture and i checked today to be sure... All my new CDs or files follows in the category of Sample Rates and also in the Year that they belong...

Snapz001.jpg