IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Yes...Please :)

Wish you all the best music you could listen with Audirvana in 2017 :-)

and all of you A+ Lovers :-)

PGRPGRPG.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Re-ordering of playlists with 100+ songs is still broken for me in 2.6.3 and I'm getting other random bugs like the audio will just stop sometimes. The instability is a real shame - when it's working, 2.6.x has some great features and it uses much less cpu to play high res flacs than 2.5 does.

Since moving to 2.6.3 I have encountered a couple of bugs; auto sync no longer works, although it syncs fine manually, display of artists/albums is all over the place with random letters appearing in the middle of what should be albums starting with numbers etc etc, and I have a handful of albums where it is refusing, for no reason I can see, to pick up the album art. One or two albums appears to be picking up album name from the folder name rather than from the tag for some reason. In 2.6.2 most of this was working as far as I could see

Wish you all the best music you could listen with Audirvana in 2017 :-)

and all of you A+ Lovers :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31904[/ATTACH]

Hi RunHomeSlow,

Vers Nice & funny greetings card you've made ! Thanks

I've retreived Audirvana in good shape.

I Wish you and family de joyeuses fêtes également !!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Audirvana 2.6.3 crashes every time I open the iPhone App. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I had the same problem when I initially upgraded to 2.6.3. I played my music using a mouse instead of the remote for a couple days, and when I tried the remote again, out of the blue it started working. fourstrings1891 gave this advice - "A few times A+ has crashed for me when the remote was launched. To solve it I had to clear the play queue - then I could start the remote without any issues." Maybe that's what fixed mine when i was playing music with the mouse, don't know. Good luck, I'm sure your remote will start working again.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

dear audirvana fans,

I have latest audirvana 2.6.3 (and previous 2.6.2), but I lost (deleted!) all other older versions.

where can I get versions 2.6 and 2.6.1.

happy holidays!

2.6.1 is still here: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39199/audirvana-plus

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I'm wondering where i can get 2.5.4 to do some audio comparisons with 2.6.3.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

I'm wondering where i can get 2.5.4 to do some audio comparisons with 2.6.3.

Get the current download link from the Audirvana site and replace the current version with whatever version you want (if a / is added at the end of the url, remove it before hitting enter).

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Yep, got it. Thank-you both!

I had the same problem when I initially upgraded to 2.6.3. I played my music using a mouse instead of the remote for a couple days, and when I tried the remote again, out of the blue it started working. fourstrings1891 gave this advice - "A few times A+ has crashed for me when the remote was launched. To solve it I had to clear the play queue - then I could start the remote without any issues." Maybe that's what fixed mine when i was playing music with the mouse, don't know. Good luck, I'm sure your remote will start working again.

Oddly enough, it's now working fine for me without clearing the play queue. Strange.

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

“There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others."

-William Faulkner

Thank-you Damien for an excellent music player. I look forward to enjoying my music collection in 2017 with improved sonic quality over 2016. Keep the tweaks coming.

Happy New Year everyone!

Integer Mode Survey

---------------------

Do you use Integer Mode #1 or Integer Mode #2 for your playback?

I wonder which renders a "cleaner" audio signal. Damien describes #1 as providing "the highest transparency, and soundstage depth" and #2 as simply "more on the warm side". I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on the difference between the two.

Integer Mode Survey

---------------------

Do you use Integer Mode #1 or Integer Mode #2 for your playback?

I wonder which renders a "cleaner" audio signal. Damien describes #1 as providing "the highest transparency, and soundstage depth" and #2 as simply "more on the warm side". I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on the difference between the two.

Very subtle difference between the two. Mode 1 has slightly more "fullness" to the presentation, mode 2, by comparison, sounds a bit "leaner".

Audirvana is starting to sound a bit too bright to me on some recordings, too digital. I've been switching to HQPlayer, upsampling everything to 24/192 PCM, poly-sinc-short, NS1.

YMMV.

I noticed the same, especially with the latest Audirvana versions. Some albums that are on “bright side” (due to slightly lower recording / production standard?) started to sound slightly hissing for me. Issue is of course associated also with a certain combination of hi-fi equipment, those who have a hifi-system with “warmer sound” with little less "detailed sound", probably don’t even notice this, or they maybe even found this more enjoyable.

I notice some hiss and a little more edginess with integer mode #2. Instruments and vocals sound more round with more blackness between them in mode #1, whereas mode #2 sounds a little thin with less separation. My listening room has concrete walls (not parallel) and can sound bright occasionally but I don't notice it with Audirvana.

yes, but... don't you also need an MQA Consortium certified/approved DAC?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones