IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

Restart MAC just to be sure... it should ask again to reinstall the SysOptimizer when starting a song, if i remember.

Maybe your prefs were corrupted...

Hi RunHomeSlow,

Thanks a lot for your advise. It made my day... [emoji41] This advise is definitely a keeper!

Following YOUR clear instructions, SYSTEM sent back to initial perfect condition. No, I can really enjoy v2.6.3 rich sound [emoji12].

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

This will not work on a NAS based music library

no, obviously!

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I have a single album (out of 2610) that, no matter how many time I recalculate ReplayGain on it, shows a DR value of N/A, and always appears in the list of albums without ReplayGain data. All the individual tracks have DR values, and all other ReplayGain data is filled in.

The particular album consists of 2 discs, the first one of which is a single track of 65 minutes, and the second of of 23 tracks.

Has anyone seen something similar? I'm seeing this issue in 2.6.3, and it was also present in 2.6.2.

I have the same problem with albums that contain both mono and stereo tracks.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Anyone else having issues with the A+ Remote failing to connect after updating to iOS 10.2? I was hoping that updating Audirvana to 2.6.3 would help, but no luck. I've also removed and reinstalled the remote, to no avail. (On OS X 10.10.5)

After installing 2.6.3 a few days ago, whenever I started the A+ remote on my iphone, it shut down A+ on my mac-mini (running Sierra). I reinstalled 2.6.2, updated the remote app from the AppStore and the remote still shut down A+. Over Christmas, I had to play all my music using mouse clicks in stead of the remote. Last night, I retried the A+ remote on a whim and it worked fine and still is - no more shut down of A+ on my mac-mini. I didn't do any reconfiguration of either the remote or A+, all I did was play music for a couple days without the remote. I have no idea why the remote started working again, but hopefully your remote problems will mysteriously clear themselves up as well. Good luck :-)

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

After installing 2.6.3 a few days ago, whenever I started the A+ remote on my iphone, it shut down A+ on my mac-mini (running Sierra). I reinstalled 2.6.2, updated the remote app from the AppStore and the remote still shut down A+. Over Christmas, I had to play all my music using mouse clicks in stead of the remote. Last night, I retried the A+ remote on a whim and it worked fine and still is - no more shut down of A+ on my mac-mini. I didn't do any reconfiguration of either the remote or A+, all I did was play music for a couple days without the remote. I have no idea why the remote started working again, but hopefully your remote problems will mysteriously clear themselves up as well. Good luck :-)

A few times A+ has crashed for me when the remote was launched. To solve it I had to clear the play queue - then I could start the remote without any issues.

A few times A+ has crashed for me when the remote was launched. To solve it I had to clear the play queue - then I could start the remote without any issues.

Thanks, I'll remember that the next time it happens :-)

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

just spotted this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31815[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31816[/ATTACH]

so... definitely A+ 2.6.x, under some mysterious circumstances, is reading Folder Names/Structure and using it instead of *properly set* Album Artist! :mad:

Just a remark about what I just experimented with a compilation: it was listed with an album artist although I haven't given one. Looking again with Yate I saw that there was data in the UD Text tab and indeed a field called "ALBUM ARTIST" between others. I cleared all the User Defined metadata and the album showed fine!

So definitively A+ is looking at variants of some fields that Yate does not consider as "the" official one.

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Just a remark about what I just experimented with a compilation: it was listed with an album artist although I haven't given one. Looking again with Yate I saw that there was data in the UD Text tab and indeed a field called "ALBUM ARTIST" between others. I cleared all the User Defined metadata and the album showed fine!

So definitively A+ is looking at variants of some fields that Yate does not consider as "the" official one.

I'm fine with apps *reading* whatever tag they want/need and using/writing *inside their own* database, but it really drives me mad when an app *writes* to my file tags without even telling me :mad:

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I'm fine with apps *reading* whatever tag they want/need and using/writing *inside their own* database, but it really drives me mad when an app *writes* to my file tags without even telling me :mad:

A+ never wrote anything on my side without having me pressed "save".

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Is there a workaround to handle multiple libraries, perhaps quickly switching between multiple of them?

I have all of my music on a network drive at home, but also a copy of some of them on a hard drive in my office. I only have one laptop that I use both at home and at the office, so A+ show duplicate tracks in the library.

A+ never wrote anything on my side without having me pressed "save".

oh, ok, my bad: I got it A+ did write that tag :-/

headphones system:

oh, ok, my bad: I got it A+ did write that tag :-/

Now I'm lost...

Looking again with Yate I saw that there was data in the UD Text tab and indeed a field called "ALBUM ARTIST" between others.

^^^ this!

I got it A+ did write it

headphones system:

^^^ this!

I got it A+ did write it

Reconnected successfully ;-)

[ATTACH]31789[/ATTACH]

I think I found a bug. My audio setup uses an Aggregate Device in OSX.

A Lynx PCIe card + Aurora Converter and a Dangerous Music Source DAC as one device.

A+ used to work fine before the latest update. Now I get this error.

I need to keep this setup as it's a working studio machine so I hope Damien is able to solve this.

I should add that no other audio applications are running when A+ is open.

The latest version seems to use "Exclusive access mode" (hog mode) even if it is deselected in the Audirvana Preferences. Exclusive access mode doesn't work with aggregate devices.

(Next time, consider using Shift-⌘-3 instead of photographing your screen …)

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Is there a workaround to handle multiple libraries, perhaps quickly switching between multiple of them?

I have all of my music on a network drive at home, but also a copy of some of them on a hard drive in my office. I only have one laptop that I use both at home and at the office, so A+ show duplicate tracks in the library.

no. you can only have one main library and multiple playlists

The latest version seems to use "Exclusive access mode" (hog mode) even if it is deselected in the Audirvana Preferences. Exclusive access mode doesn't work with aggregate devices.

(Next time, consider using Shift-⌘-3 instead of photographing your screen …)

Hi SavantGarde thanks for the reply.

So it is indeed a bug. I do have 'Exclusive Access' disabled on this machine for precisely this reason. I hope there is a fix in the next release.

I was using my iPhone to post hence the pic.

Keep up the good work Damien. A+ works flawlessly in my listening setup at home. I use A+ for playing reference tracks in the studio everyday so the problem with Hog mode is a bummer.

Hi RunHomeSlow,

Thanks a lot for your advise. It made my day... [emoji41] This advise is definitely a keeper!

Following YOUR clear instructions, SYSTEM sent back to initial perfect condition. No, I can really enjoy v2.6.3 rich sound [emoji12].

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Unfortunately, pleasure was very short term...

This morning, Audirvana 2.6.3 did crash totaly and it blocked the Mac. After hard reset of the Mac, audirvana did ask as I was launching the application for the first time. No more folder synched... I made decision to clean up another time the user library folder as suggested, deinstall the application, restart the Mac, reinstall A 2.6.3 and launch it.

Again, but normal in this case, I was asked to define my preference and select folders to synchronize.

Surprise... I was able to press the + to select my disks/Folders to synchronize, the window did open, I made selection and say OK... but nothing happens. Impossible to add a single folder !!

I Will try to repair permissions with ONYX, we never know, but it seems really annoying to have to spend so much time trying to make the software work. If someone has already experienced this situation and has a good suggestion to sort this out, you're more than welcome ... :)

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Unfortunately, pleasure was very short term...

This morning, Audirvana 2.6.3 did crash totaly and it blocked the Mac. After hard reset of the Mac, audirvana did ask as I was launching the application for the first time. No more folder synched... I made decision to clean up another time the user library folder as suggested, deinstall the application, restart the Mac, reinstall A 2.6.3 and launch it.

Again, but normal in this case, I was asked to define my preference and select folders to synchronize.

Surprise... I was able to press the + to select my disks/Folders to synchronize, the window did open, I made selection and say OK... but nothing happens. Impossible to add a single folder !!

I Will try to repair permissions with ONYX, we never know, but it seems really annoying to have to spend so much time trying to make the software work. If someone has already experienced this situation and has a good suggestion to sort this out, you're more than welcome ... :)

Where is that hard drive? Locked folder? Have you try just making an empty folder on your desktop, and put like only 2 albums on it and try selecting it in the pref of A+ for a library clicking the + button?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Where is that hard drive? Locked folder? Have you try just making an empty folder on your desktop, and put like only 2 albums on it and try selecting it in the pref of A+ for a library clicking the + button?

No locked folder, same disks (external & internal) as before, no disks corruption.

I've deleted AUdirvana 2.6.3, deleted all plist and other things, deleted also the Audirvana SQL databases to ensure complete fresh restart. I reinstalled A 2.6.3, still impossible to add folders...

I killed again the App , restarted Mac, and reinstalled A+ Beta => AudirvanaPlus_2.5.99.16.

Here I was able to add a folder, what I did.

Since this version was quite slow in database management, I upgraded to A+ 2.6.2 (seems impossible to upgrade directly to 2.6.3, then upgraded again to 2.6.3. Then added all my disks with no issue.

Quite sure that something was corrupted in sql database.

Thanks for your help and let's see what happens. 2.6.3 is really fast to load albums, and I'm pleased to see that all the DR informations have not been lost (surprisingly since my initial database has been deleted...)

No locked folder, same disks (external & internal) as before, no disks corruption.

I've deleted AUdirvana 2.6.3, deleted all plist and other things, deleted also the Audirvana SQL databases to ensure complete fresh restart. I reinstalled A 2.6.3, still impossible to add folders...

I killed again the App , restarted Mac, and reinstalled A+ Beta => AudirvanaPlus_2.5.99.16.

Here I was able to add a folder, what I did.

Since this version was quite slow in database management, I upgraded to A+ 2.6.2 (seems impossible to upgrade directly to 2.6.3, then upgraded again to 2.6.3. Then added all my disks with no issue.

Quite sure that something was corrupted in sql database.

Thanks for your help and let's see what happens. 2.6.3 is really fast to load albums, and I'm pleased to see that all the DR informations have not been lost (surprisingly since my initial database has been deleted...)

I'll wait till tomorrow to wish you happy holidays [emoji2]

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13