IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Merry Christmas and thank you Damien,

The 2.6.3 version SQ is very very good!!

@Dyson

What do you think?

2.6.3 is certainly the best release of the official 2.6 versions for SQ.

But I can't get away of 2.5.99.16/2.6b16, the difference with my system (and hears) are:

- left/right soundstage opening are at the same level

- depth is shorter on 2.6.3 (reverb phase out is cut earlier creating less depth)

- mid range has more emphasis on 2.6.3 (voices are louder/more present/more forward)

- bass range is still the most different, 2.6.3 has more body and is well controlled but it still doesn't go as low (direct A-B comparison makes 2.6.3 poor on bass, but that perception tends to disappear after some time listening to 2.6.3 only)

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

I get the frustration but I would hardly say he charges 'a lot' either in the context of systems costing tens of thousands of pounds or in return for the on going progression and development that he puts into the software. He could just sell it as a one off and then work in the background for a year or two and then sell the next version forcing an upgrade like many software developers do too. Personally the small amounting of tweaking I had to do to get my library straight was worth it for the improvements in interface and speed and the SQ, which is what I am mainly interested in remains the best I have heard on a Mac

There seems to be an implication here that my tags are at fault, but I can assure that is not the case. These are tags that work perfectly in every other program. The ones currently in question also worked perfectly in Audirvana until this most recent release. Now I have many artists that have simply disappeared and are not listed in the artist list. I have artists where only some of the albums now appear, like for example the Beatles, where only The White Album is listed out of the whole folder of many albums. I like that album, but I'd like to listen to others as well. Then there are the songs where the tag is there, but the title has now disappeared.

I'm fed up with this. Reading and sorting metadata is a solved problem, and yet Damien doesn't seem to be able to manage it. Every new minor point release brings new regressions. For every problem he solves, he creates three new ones. He charges a lot for this software, so it should work a hell of a lot better than it does.

I have a single album (out of 2610) that, no matter how many time I recalculate ReplayGain on it, shows a DR value of N/A, and always appears in the list of albums without ReplayGain data. All the individual tracks have DR values, and all other ReplayGain data is filled in.

The particular album consists of 2 discs, the first one of which is a single track of 65 minutes, and the second of of 23 tracks.

Has anyone seen something similar? I'm seeing this issue in 2.6.3, and it was also present in 2.6.2.

Hi,

every time a new track starts the library view kind of reloads all visible album art for a short moment.

Is that normal? It's not that big of a deal, but distracting sometimes nevertheless.

And my library (Audirvana library, not iTunes) isn't even that large, as I only imported a fraction of my collection yet.

just spotted this:

Audirvana.jpg

Yate.jpg

so... definitely A+ 2.6.x, under some mysterious circumstances, is reading Folder Names/Structure and using it instead of *properly set* Album Artist! :mad:

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I get the frustration but I would hardly say he charges 'a lot' either in the context of systems costing tens of thousands of pounds or in return for the on going progression and development that he puts into the software. He could just sell it as a one off and then work in the background for a year or two and then sell the next version forcing an upgrade like many software developers do too. Personally the small amounting of tweaking I had to do to get my library straight was worth it for the improvements in interface and speed and the SQ, which is what I am mainly interested in remains the best I have heard on a Mac

Well, sure, in the context of the audiophile hobby, Audirvana's cost is pennies. In the normal context of software, it's incredibly expensive for something that's perpetually in an alpha state.

Anyway, I'll just wander off, I guess. People here seem to like this software and are willing to put up with its oddities. There's no point in my continuing to complain. It doesn't do anybody any good. For what it's worth, I genuinely think Audirvana has potential, but it just never seems to get where it's going. It's been two years since I bought it. I keep watching it to see if it will finally be fixed, but the problems just keep moving around.

Well, sure, in the context of the audiophile hobby, Audirvana's cost is pennies. In the normal context of software, it's incredibly expensive for something that's perpetually in an alpha state.

Anyway, I'll just wander off, I guess. People here seem to like this software and are willing to put up with its oddities. There's no point in my continuing to complain. It doesn't do anybody any good. For what it's worth, I genuinely think Audirvana has potential, but it just never seems to get where it's going. It's been two years since I bought it. I keep watching it to see if it will finally be fixed, but the problems just keep moving around.

I don't think anything you've said is unfair in terms of your personal experience. With such an infinite variety of hardware/software/music there will always be corner cases, and unfortunately it appears that for some unknown reason you've been one.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Having open a jacket (top left in album view), It was impossible to close it... Any idea ? Audirvana 2.6.2

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Hey Audirvana's Users , anybody with the same issue?

Jacket's Popup Window opened but no route to close it, even after a clean A+ 2.6.3 install...

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Anyone else having issues with the A+ Remote failing to connect after updating to iOS 10.2? I was hoping that updating Audirvana to 2.6.3 would help, but no luck. I've also removed and reinstalled the remote, to no avail. (On OS X 10.10.5)

Strange that we all are facing different issues.

To me, and after having updated IOS 10.2 on my Iphone, Apple remote is OK. Did you get the last apple remote update? Just in case...

Sorry if stupid question, but did you enter again the safety code seen on your mac on your remote software?

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Hi Damien and all,

I've just updated to 2.6.3 and am facing a new issue. Impossible to sart reading albums or tracks due to Sysoptimizer needed to be reinstalled (takes 1 minute before prompting) . Id did it several time, but this request comes back each time. The sysoptimizer tool seems not able to register within the application.

I've tried to destroy all Audirvana former installation and do a clean one with 2.6.3, but same behavior again.

Any idea how to sort this out?

Sound is very good, but it is disappointing to update final versions with this kind of incident. I never faced a single issue with 2.6.2. Might it be because I'm still on El Capitan ? If no answer, If someone can post a Link for 2.6.2, I'll reinstall it.

Thanks a lot.

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

Restart MAC just to be sure... it should ask again to reinstall the SysOptimizer when starting a song, if i remember.

Maybe your prefs were corrupted...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Roon stacks duplicate albums (eg different resolutions or editions of a given one)

that's most likely why the total you get is the lowest one

when this happens you will see a grey "Show Other Versions" button (in album's detail view ;) )

I'm aware of the duplicates, but I don't have that many showing in Roon (20 or so), most of them where I have multiple versions of the same recording.

Doing some further analysis, I note the following:

• JRiver 5,795 albums 136 DSD 7 multichannel
  • iTunes 5,661 albums 0 DSD 0 multichannel
  • Roon 5,833 albums 134 DSD 0 multichannel
  • Audirvana 6,144 albums 136 DSD 6 multichannel

which still shows large disparities. iTunes and JRiver are very close (after reconciling for DSD and multichannel albums), Roon picks up a few more somewhere, and Audirvana "sees" the most.

All I was trying to highlight is that for me (at least), Audirvana's file reading / discovery works very well. It is not missing large swathes of my library, and is pretty much in line with the other players. I don't have a dog in this hunt, just had some time to do some analysis and thought I'd share my findings.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Strange that we all are facing different issues.To me, and after having updated IOS 10.2 on my Iphone, Apple remote is OK. Did you get the last apple remote update? Just in case... Sorry if stupid question, but did you enter again the safety code seen on your mac on your remote software?

Hi, yes I entered the code again. A+ Remote is latest version. I also reset the all the network settings on my iPad. I'm starting to see the attraction of something like BluOS, where you're only dealing with one variable (BluOS Client firmware), as opposed to four (Mac OSX version, Audirvana version, iOS version, A+ Remote version). Not to mention Router settings. Sigh.

Can anyone describe how they use and set up their libraries when they have more than one external hard disk for their collections. All I seem to get is one library which combines the albums from all disks together in one database and what I would like is seperate librararies for each disk. Maybe simple but any assistance would be much appreciated.

Can anyone describe how they use and set up their libraries when they have more than one external hard disk for their collections. All I seem to get is one library which combines the albums from all disks together in one database and what I would like is seperate librararies for each disk. Maybe simple but any assistance would be much appreciated.

Just hit the + sign in left corner... you can add as many as you want

Snapz001.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Just hit the + sign in left corner... you can add as many as you want

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31821[/ATTACH]

this way, though, everything will be merged in a single A+ library

he wants separate libraries: one for each external HD ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

You can create smart playlists with the "file location" argument. One for each disk.

Yes, but as far as I can see this combines the libraries for all hard disks together and what I am trying to do is have separate libraries for each disk.

Thank you for your quick reply

OK :-) the only way i see it happening for now, is to do the one you want first hard drive library then close A+

copy the database file in Your home folder, Library...application support... Audirvana: AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite

Return to A+ flush the first library... find the second one... do it like you want, stop Audirvana again...

return to that folder and copy the second hard drive library database: AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (yes it is the same name)

Then you'll have 2 differente ones, but just one each time... you'll have to replace the database file whenever you want to listen to that specific drive... It can't happening right now in 2.6.3 yet, i think to have 2 library running.

Thank you all for your helpful replies, appreciated. I had something set up like this before (don't know which version of Audirvana that was) which worked. I had folders on the desktop labelled with the disk number and used these for seperate storage of sqlite etc. I have added a new disk today but my system seems not to be working for some reason to establish a fresh database.

Maybe I should leave it until the morning!

The only Programm I know of that allows you to have multiple libraries almost in real time is MUSIChi.

Roon will add every HD you tell it to scan to the same library but afterwards will only show what's in the HD actually connected

Audirvana acting the same way would be great ;)

headphones system: