IGNORED

Has anyone else tried Allflac.com?

I just discovered this site which is based in the UK. They have 16-bit, lossless .flac downloads of zillions of popular albums for $1.95 as well as numerous 24-bit albums as well. I noticed they have a 192/24 album for $10.95 by Neil Young--Harvest, that HDTracks gets $24 for. Is this too good to be legal? I have bought some of their tracks and they seem to be legit.

It claims to be UK based but iirc it's actually in the Ukraine. I would be extremely doubtful it is legitimate and that any money you pay gets to the rights holders / musicians. I'd be cautious giving credit card details to such a sight.

As far as I'm concerned you are better off using torrent than this site.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

i just went to the site. I searched for the DEAD - 160+ albums-found 2-3 24 bit of working mans dead and american beauty-one said it was from SACD others said from the'WEB' another from a CD. As far as I know the dead never released any SACD's-their only two albums the ones above were re-released on DVD-A the rest I believe were HDCD. I would be very suspicious if this place is in the Ukraine-buyer beware!(especially giving out credit card info)

i just went to the site. I searched for the DEAD - 160+ albums-found 2-3 24 bit of working mans dead and american beauty-one said it was from SACD others said from the'WEB' another from a CD. As far as I know the dead never released any SACD's-their only two albums the ones above were re-released on DVD-A the rest I believe were HDCD. I would be very suspicious if this place is in the Ukraine-buyer beware!(especially giving out credit card info)

I have American Beauty and Workingman's Dead SACDs...

It claims to be UK based but iirc it's actually in the Ukraine. I would be extremely doubtful it is legitimate and that any money you pay gets to the rights holders / musicians. I'd be cautious giving credit card details to such a sight.

As far as I'm concerned you are better off using torrent than this site.

How do you know it's from the Ukraine? They show a business registration number, a VAT number and an Essex address. They also have an enormous catalogue. Someone has sunk a lot of money into this site. If it is ripping off musicians I would think someone would have shut them down already.

I did a search for the parent company on https://www.companieslist.co.uk/08904847-flackers-ltd. They appear to be at the address shown and all their documents seem legit. If they are not the same company I think the real Flackers Ltd. would have gone after them.

I have made two charges on my credit card to them. They seem to have gone through alright. I am not too worried about my credit card. My company has always covered the losses. In fact I have never even been sent a bill for a fraudulent change, the credit card company has always discovered the fraud before they sent me a bill.

Rick

Please read this earlier discussion on the flacit.com offering:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/flacit-com-29377/

It looks like both sites are being operated by the same people (in the background, with a shill company being indicated on the page), as the site has a similar design, the same text in on the terms and conditions page, etc

Here's the company that's indicated on the allflac site:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08904847

It is run by "Catherine Alice FLACK"

... while flacit is run by "Mrs Mashuda Flack"

I'm not kidding.

Claude

Well first off ... if you google "Is allflac legit" then you will get lots of opinions. Perhaps start with http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/allflac

McAfee have it listed as "Spam URLs" -- allflac.com | McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search

The address allflac.com resolves to the IP address 31.184.236.21 ... this is registered in Latvia. Their DNS record makes interesting reading ... http://whois.domaintools.com/allflac.com ... with close to 800 significant changes to the WhoIs (ownership) records over 8+ years.

153 Mile End Road, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5DA is a residential property ... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/153+Mile+End+Road,+Colchester,+Essex,+CO4+5DA/@51.9053847,0.8938841,3a,75y,253.8h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sErL6fqo31_UD46ROdsTOmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6e7b5ece72dcf836!6m1!1e1

The VAT number appears to be invalid - both checking at VIES indicates the VAT number given (may) be invalid; and the checksum from the VAT number (the last two digits) appears to be incorrect.

Finally ... the price appear too good to be true ... which usually is a good starting point for alarm bells!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

None of these sites are legit. Not to say they are unsafe (buyer beware, of course), but they certainly don't have any connections to the royalty end of the music biz. They just collect and store tens of thousands of previously burned CDs/album rips/hi-res files and find some way to charge you for them. Either through direct pay like the site discussed here or through affiliate sharing of paid high-speed download fees from numerous hosting sites. Not legit, but as they want to make money from you on a regular basis they will probably deliver your illegal downloads with minimal fuss.

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

Well first off ... if you google "Is allflac legit" then you will get lots of opinions. Perhaps start with allflac | Naim Audio Forums

McAfee have it listed as "Spam URLs" -- allflac.com | McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search

The address allflac.com resolves to the IP address 31.184.236.21 ... this is registered in Latvia. Their DNS record makes interesting reading ... AllFlac.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools ... with close to 800 significant changes to the WhoIs (ownership) records over 8+ years.

153 Mile End Road, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5DA is a residential property ... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/153+Mile+End+Road,+Colchester,+Essex,+CO4+5DA/@51.9053847,0.8938841,3a,75y,253.8h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sErL6fqo31_UD46ROdsTOmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6e7b5ece72dcf836!6m1!1e1

The VAT number appears to be invalid - both checking at VIES indicates the VAT number given (may) be invalid; and the checksum from the VAT number (the last two digits) appears to be incorrect.

Finally ... the price appear too good to be true ... which usually is a good starting point for alarm bells!

I have sent the following email to allflac.com. I'll let you know if I receive a refund.

Ladies and gentlemen:

I have reason to believe that you have sold me pirated musical material. I do not wish to become involved in criminal activity. I have asked for a refund from [email protected]. I do not wish to download any remaining material that I have purchased. Please remove my name and information from your records.

If you feel I am making a false accusation please provide some evidence of your legitimacy. I have examined the business registration documents for Flackers Ltd. and they appear as phony as a three dollar bill.

Regards,

I have sent the following email to allflac.com. I'll let you know if I receive a refund.

Ladies and gentlemen:

I have reason to believe that you have sold me pirated musical material. I do not wish to become involved in criminal activity. I have asked for a refund from [email protected]. I do not wish to download any remaining material that I have purchased. Please remove my name and information from your records.

If you feel I am making a false accusation please provide some evidence of your legitimacy. I have examined the business registration documents for Flackers Ltd. and they appear as phony as a three dollar bill.

Regards,

Well, they refunded my money, no questions asked. I guess they don't want to make any waves with the credit card system.