IGNORED

Ripping Software

saltydog3317

Hi, I am looking for a good software program to rip my 1200 CD collection to a NAS drive so I can access it for my new Cambridge Audio 851N. I want something that can get me all the art word and and tags associated with the CD and be able to rip it in a FLAC format. Which is the best one for this? It would be nice if it was pretty easy to use also as I am not a very computer tech kind of guy.

Thanks for any help or tips.

Kevin

Hi, I am looking for a good software program to rip my 1200 CD collection to a NAS drive so I can access it for my new Cambridge Audio 851N. I want something that can get me all the art word and and tags associated with the CD and be able to rip it in a FLAC format. Which is the best one for this? It would be nice if it was pretty easy to use also as I am not a very computer tech kind of guy.

Kevin

Mac or PC?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Sorry I am using a PC with windows 8.1

I use a Mac so I can't help you but I'm sure others here will chime in.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

A lot of people use dbpoweramp on PC's. I do. I happen to convert to their lossless FLAC. You can also do several levels of compressed FLAC. Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp  Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Pacific, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105  Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.7KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50TBripped files

A lot of people use dbpoweramp on PC's. I do. I happen to convert to their lossless FLAC. You can also do several levels of compressed FLAC. Larry

FLAC is always lossless. The levels differ in how much effort is spent while compressing. More effort usually gives better compression (smaller file). The higher levels also need a little more effort to decompress, but this difference is quite small.

FLAC is always lossless. The levels differ in how much effort is spent while compressing. More effort usually gives better compression (smaller file). The higher levels also need a little more effort to decompress, but this difference is quite small.

Thanks. What I meant was that I do the lossless uncompressed FLAC. Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp  Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Pacific, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105  Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.7KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50TBripped files

Kevin

You have gotten useful suggestions but I would like to make it clear that there is no program that I am aware of that will get you "all the art word and and tags associated with the CD." For classical, MusiCHI is superior, btw.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Thanks for all the help and tips. I will give DBPoweramp a try and see how I like it. Its got a free trial so I will evaluate it for sure.

It will be nice to get all of my music onto a drive to acess it from there and not need to physically have to remove cd's from the cd player everythime I want to change what I am listening to. I believe the less you handle them the longer they will last and stay in pristine condition.