IGNORED

Amanero combo384 USB module on linux

Hi All

I have a Lampi DAC with this module and a server running on linux. The amanero only goes up to DSD128 on linux (although it will do DSD512 on windows).

Does anyone have any knowledge of if and when the amanero module will be extended to play DSD256 or 512?

I have sent an email to amanero asking this, but in case I don't get a replyI wondered whether this was a question that others have addressed.

Cheers

Philip

Hi All

I have a Lampi DAC with this module and a server running on linux. The amanero only goes up to DSD128 on linux (although it will do DSD512 on windows).

Does anyone have any knowledge of if and when the amanero module will be extended to play DSD256 or 512

I have sent an email to amanero asking this, but in case I don't get a replyI wondered whether this was a question that others have addressed

Cheers

Philip

If the Amanero can handle DSD512 already, then I would think that it's the job of the client source to meet the Amanero's spec.

I'm no expert here, but I believe that either some or all Linux implementations use DSD over PCM (DoP) and this is restricted to DSD128. Someone I am in contact with has suggested that there are experimental Linux patches for native DSD256 and above.

I have only heard this because my DAC has the same Amanero board, but since I am very happy with the PCM via my DAC I haven't investigated further.

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

hi philip

amanero Support now DSD native in Linux.

when you look here:https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

maybe you have to update the Firmware to Firmware 1099rc1.

Amanero Technologies

what Server Software do you use?

i use daphile,there i can Change from Dop to DSD native up to dsd512.

shpongle

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

hi philip

amanero Support now DSD native in Linux.

when you look here:https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

maybe you have to update the Firmware to Firmware 1099rc1.]

Hi shpongle

That git link ends on August 18th with someone asking the developer whether there is any chance of him updating the firmware. So I guess any fixes are, at this stage, experimental.

Unless anyone knows any better, I guess this is still the situation.