IGNORED

Windows Server 2016 core and Combo384 Amanero

bodiebill

Hi Phil, interesting stuff. Strange it works well on Server 2016 GUI.

Actually, I do not remember any "there is no device..." message while installing the Amanero drivers. The installation seems to go well until I notice that KS is not working.

Curious to hear how your research will continue :-)

Hi Bodie

Did your Amanero Driver ever work in 2012 R2 Core Mode?

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Did your Amanero Driver ever work in 2012 R2 Core Mode?

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, yes, Amanero KS and ASIO always worked flawless* in Server R2 core, and also in Server 2016 GUI.

It just does not work in Server 2016 core.

*except that in Windows (unlike Linux) I have to power on the DAC after booting my PC to get it recognized; and once in a few days the DAC suddenly becomes unrecognized and has to be restarted. But these are minor quibbles.

audio system

*YES* Finally got Combo384 Amanero to work in Server 2016 core!!

Today I spent another hour uninstalling and installing the Amanero drivers, JPLAY, Audiophile Optimizer 2.20b3 and Fidelizer Pro, and for the first time I have Kernel Streaming on Server 2016 core with my Combo384 Amanero / Lampizator! The music is playing now, dual PC from control PC with Server 2016 GUI to audio PC with Server 2016 core.

Why did it suddenly work? Not sure, it could be any – or a combination – of these, or something I overlook:

- first uninstalled the Amanero drivers using pnputil and registry uninstall strings

- re-installed the Amanero drivers, but did not install the Amanero ASIO software (just cancelled the installation after the KS driver was installed)

- the order of uninstalling and installing, namely (1) Amanero drivers as above, (2) disabling firewall, (3) JPLAY, (4) Audiophile Optimizer 2.20b3 and (5) Fidelizer Pro

- AO 2.20b3 ?? – although I guess Phil would have included Combo384 support in core mode in his change log if he would have been aware of it :-)

Whatever it is, I am happy! Time to listen to music...

audio system

I guess you used this as uninstall string?

MsiExec.exe /I{307CB2B4-FC33-4DD8-99AA-77DE639F9519}

I believe that is the uninstall string for the Amanero ASIO software. I used that but also the uninstall string for the drivers which looks like:

C:\PROGRA~1\DIFX\.... etc etc.

And when re-installing I only installed these drivers so the string you mention no longer appears in my registry.

audio system

• 1 year later...

I'm suffering with the same problem. First, I've installed Windows Server 2016 Core, JPLAY, Ayre QB-9's driver, MinimServer and, the, Audiophile Optimizer, in this order. No Kernel-Streaming working with JPLAY, but works fine with foobar2000. I thought that I did something wrong, so, I reinstalled Windows, and then, installed JPLAY, Audiophile Optimizer and Ayre'd driver, Didn't work again. I tried do reinstall JPLAY, but it still didn't solve the problem. I know that Audiophile Optimizer installs Kernel-Streaming, but JPLAY didn't give me this option. Any sugestion?