IGNORED

Amp recommendations for my desktop speakers

I hope this is the right section to ask this. If not please move to correct section.

OK my current setup is my desktop PC-->JDS O2/ODAC-->Fiio A1-->Andrew Jones Pioneers

I want to replace the A1 with something a little more powerful (25-50w ch.). Currently the A1 is about 14w ch. It sounds great and no issues with it whatsoever. (BTW, apparently Fiio reused the model name A1 for a small headphone amp. The A1 I am talking about is a discontinued speaker amp)

Decided to pick up a Dayton Audio DTA-120 on sale ($78) and try it out. Sounded awesome, seemed a little clearer and great separation. Problem is I sometimes listen at low volumes at my desk and I am experiencing channel imbalance. Driving me nuts.

So looking for an amp with a similar foot print to these 2, and has RCA inputs and speaker terminals. I just want an amp, no integrated DAC. $200 or less.

Thanks.

I hope this is the right section to ask this. If not please move to correct section.

OK my current setup is my desktop PC-->JDS O2/ODAC-->Fiio A1-->Andrew Jones Pioneers

I want to replace the A1 with something a little more powerful (25-50w ch.). Currently the A1 is about 14w ch. It sounds great and no issues with it whatsoever. (BTW, apparently Fiio reused the model name A1 for a small headphone amp. The A1 I am talking about is a discontinued speaker amp)

Decided to pick up a Dayton Audio DTA-120 on sale ($78) and try it out. Sounded awesome, seemed a little clearer and great separation. Problem is I sometimes listen at low volumes at my desk and I am experiencing channel imbalance. Driving me nuts.

So looking for an amp with a similar foot print to these 2, and has RCA inputs and speaker terminals. I just want an amp, no integrated DAC. $200 or less.

Thanks.

Parasound Zamp v3

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-parasound-zamp-v3-2016-10-30-amplifiers-80526-fort-collins-co

You can set that zamp on its side it will be about the size of a book sitting on a shelf. The SQ is incredible for a 50W a channel amp.

Still wont work... it sits on my desk under 2 monitors next to my DAC. I am limited on space hence my need for a small footprint amp...

+1. great amp -- just what i was thinking.

@Neccros -- just thinking: the amp doesn't have to be on the desk. it has an auto on/off so you'll never need to touch it. just need longer cables.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
You dont know my space situation... LOL

it's true that i don't -- how about some pics? i was just trying to help -- imo, the z-amp is worth getting creative.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
it's true that i don't -- how about some pics? i was just trying to help -- imo, the z-amp is worth getting creative.

I'm not home but if you look up the Dayton Audio DTA-120, that will give you a very accurate depiction of the amp size I need. maybe a tiny bit larger...