r_w

dCS Network Bridge

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, Pedro Romão said:

Is the phase change option/button missing on the new app?

Since you cannot see it, I assume that you are using a tablet in landscape

(it is always visible to the left of the Mute button on phones and also tablets in portrait).

Tap the Volume Slider to bring up the Enhanced Volume Control and you will see the Phase Button.

https://dcs.community/t/mosaic-ug-3-2-now-playing/260

2 hours ago, reeve_mike said:

Since you cannot see it, I assume that you are using a tablet in landscape

(it is always visible to the left of the Mute button on phones and also tablets in portrait).

Tap the Volume Slider to bring up the Enhanced Volume Control and you will see the Phase Button.

https://dcs.community/t/mosaic-ug-3-2-now-playing/260

Thanks, brilliant!

A question please.  Maybe it has been addressed earlier in this or another thread or even another site altogether, in which case please point me to where. I haven't been active on it for a while.  

Has anyone been able to bridge ethernet on the Roon Nucleus, i.e., connect internet router directly to Nucleus and from Nucleus directly to the DCS Network Bridge?  I have been doing this up to now with my MacMini and DCS NB, but I just got a Roon Nucleus (smaller one not the Nucleus+).  I am looking for tips to get it going.  My initial difficulties with bridging are:

- Do I need a different USB ethernet adapter than the one I had been using for my MacMini?

- I understand I need to reconfigure the IP addresses of DCS NB and of Nucleus itself, correct? Do I need some sort of DHCP server software that I would need to download on to one of the computers on my LAN?  I have a Mac laptop for general purpose use networked to my LAN.

Thank you

hltf

*** WARNING - Dumb Questions Posting ***

I have a new Network Bridge coming in the next week or so.  I plan to connect it to my Debussy DAC using dual AES/EBU connections.  Should I connect the clock out from the NB to the Debussy Clock input?  Not sure about this function and if it would work or if it is necessary

AI missing anything here regarding the connections?  Can I connect the clock from the NB To the Debussy and will improve the sound quality?  

I currently have an Aurender N10 that I will be selling as I want to get back to using Roon (lifetime license) and have an all DCS solution.  I do have a NAS, and also don’t need the server portion of the N10.  I will compare the sound of the NB side by side, but everything I have read tells me the NB will sound better.

I’m looking forward to getting my new NB soon!

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

Yes you can gain slight benefit on connecting the Word.clk out on the NWB to the Debussy because the NWB's two clocks is newer and slight better than the Debussy's clock

57 minutes ago, sfseay said:

*** WARNING - Dumb Questions Posting ***

I have a new Network Bridge coming in the next week or so.  I plan to connect it to my Debussy DAC using dual AES/EBU connections.  Should I connect the clock out from the NB to the Debussy Clock input?  Not sure about this function and if it would work or if it is necessary

AI missing anything here regarding the connections?  Can I connect the clock from the NB To the Debussy and will improve the sound quality?  

I currently have an Aurender N10 that I will be selling as I want to get back to using Roon (lifetime license) and have an all DCS solution.  I do have a NAS, and also don’t need the server portion of the N10.  I will compare the sound of the NB side by side, but everything I have read tells me the NB will sound better.

I’m looking forward to getting my new NB soon!

Fun times ahead. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

On 10/25/2019 at 10:09 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Fun times ahead. 

Got the new DCS Network Bridge and connected it to a DCS Debussy DSC using two AES/EBU cables.  Stunning sound with DSD 128 running over DOP.  All resolutions  sound more dynamic with a wider soundstage than my previous Direcstream DAC/Lumin U1 combo.

Running it 7*24 to help it burn in, but a definite upgrade for my system.

Very happy with the new combination.

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

4 hours ago, sfseay said:

Got the new DCS Network Bridge and connected it to a DCS Debussy DSC using two AES/EBU cables.  Stunning sound with DSD 128 running over DOP.  All resolutions  sound more dynamic with a wider soundstage than my previous Direcstream DAC/Lumin U1 combo.

Running it 7*24 to help it burn in, but a definite upgrade for my system.

Very happy with the new combination.

Congrats and happy listening. 

The clock cable adds a lot to the overall performance so make sure you try that out. (NB out Dac in with a proper cable)

NB sound does not change much on burn in but keeping it powered on does help. Also it responds to good power and vibration management so experiment there. 

Cheers

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7

On 1/13/2018 at 11:31 AM, Beolab said:

It increases only 12 Ohm in 1 kilometer lengt, and can carey 12 Gigabits Full 4k / 60 fps UHD signal over 100 meters without signal loss, that is almost a world record, so the cable in 3” is lightning fast and got almost no reaiatance and can maintain true 75 Ohm end to end.

Have you tried Canare L-8CUHD yet? Attenuation is only 27.9dB/100m @ 6GHz

http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=256

For the original L-5.5CUHD, attenuation is 39.1dB/100m @ 6GHz

http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=247

Available for $3 / ft here

https://www.markertek.com/product/l-8cuhd-bk-ft/canare-l-8cuhd-75-ohm-ultra-low-loss-coaxial-cable-for-12g-sdi-black-per-foot

Matching BNC connectors

https://www.markertek.com/product/bcp-d8uhd/canare-bcp-d8uhd-75-ohm-bnc-crimp-plugs-12g-sdi-for-use-with-l-8chd-and-l-8cuhd

No assembled cables of L-8CUHD seemed to be available yet.

Hi, I'm from Argentina. I have an oppo 95 system (not dcs) as a transport connected to dcs Purcell (I would use only CD), dcs Delius and Network Bridge (which would connect to a mac mini). I wanted to ask if an external clock would be an improvement and, if so, if an esoteric g02 would be fine, since it would apparently allow me to connect the network bridge at 44.1 hz to 48, while connecting Purcell and Delius at 44.1 hz because the esoteric apparently It would have independent frequency outputs. Could be? Thank you.

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hi, I'm from Argentina. I have an oppo 95 system (not dcs) as a transport connected to dcs Purcell (I would use only CD), dcs Delius and Network Bridge (which would connect to a mac mini). I wanted to ask if an external clock would be an improvement and, if so, if an esoteric g02 would be fine, since it would apparently allow me to connect the network bridge at 44.1 hz to 48, while connecting Purcell and Delius at 44.1 hz because the esoteric apparently It would have independent frequency outputs. Could be? Thank you.

A good setup you have! 

if the Esoteric clock can send out two clock signals simultaneously from the same Word.sync bnc output it will work , other words you have to change the clock output word signal on the Esoteric Master Clock for the DAC to sync. 

you can visit dCS Forum here for more interesting reading: 

https://dcs.community

best regards

I would strongly recommend you try the NB with an aftermarket fuse. 

I have very good milage with the not-so-expensive AMR gold...  Tried others but still prefer AMR.

It is directional. In my experience, sound is better (more detailed and composed) when the lettering starts from the plastic fuse holder. 

Happy New Year...

KK

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7

I would recommend that people don’t waste money on upgraded fuses.  Use your money on things that will enhance your system’s performance and avoid tweaks that have no credible objective or subjective data on their performance.