IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

I’m really curious to read your findings.

Not many people have compared the n10 and the NB from a sq point of view.

I realize they are different beasts and there are more variables with the NB (nas, network, etc) but I’m still curious if the NB is not more flexible and equal from a sq point of view.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2017 at 11:42 AM, pam1975 said:

FWIW, I compared it to Naim's NAC272 with XPS DR and the dCS network bridge was very slightly better but a better deal and I didn't need a preamp anymore, only a network bridge so sold my Naim gear with 0 regret and 3K back in my pocket... 

Hi Pam/All

Pam - did you ever try streaming via the dCS Network Bridge into the 272 as a DAC?

Would that work - would it make the 272 sound better?

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

The new Mosaic App is very fast to and much more stable than the old dCS Streaming App! 

Now you got Tidal , Qubuz , Deezer , Internet Radio , UPNP , USB and Spotify as clients. 

@AMP

One thing that needs to be fixed is that you need to be able to search for new songs in Tidal, you can just find like 1 of 10 artist if you try do a search in Tidal. 

Deezer search works fine. 

Then if you could see like the bitrate would be great like in the old app. 

If im using Mosaic App can i get rid of roon server and use just dcs bridge connected to router?

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

@AMP

The Mosaic app (I use Android) is quite pleasant to use however Tidal search has problems. Does not return any results. Also, going to the favourites in Tidal, albums bit came back empty. 

I left the send feedback option open. Hope you guys clear the problems soon.

Cheers 

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

7 hours ago, Beolab said:

Then if you could see like the bitrate would be great like in the old app. 

Yeah, this isn't going to happen. 

Bitrate is irrelevant for a compressed stream (e.g. FLAC) as all it's telling you is the effectiveness of the compression on that particular file. For an uncompressed stream you can calculate it yourself  bps = bit_depth * sample_rate * number_of_channels where sample rate is in Hz (44100 not 44.1).

7 hours ago, Beolab said:

One thing that needs to be fixed is that you need to be able to search for new songs in Tidal, you can just find like 1 of 10 artist if you try do a search in Tidal. 

2 hours ago, KunterK said:

The Mosaic app (I use Android) is quite pleasant to use however Tidal search has problems. Does not return any results. Also, going to the favourites in Tidal, albums bit came back empty. 

@Beolab and @KunterK

We don't provide technical support here. Please raise your issue on our support forum:

https://dcs.community/c/support

Please provide  information as to what you are searching for, what result you are expecting, and what result you are actually getting (screenshots are very useful). For issues with a service like TIDAL it's extremely useful to know what country you are in.

Programme Manager, Streaming Audio

Data Conversion Systems, Ltd

8 hours ago, AMP said:

Bitrate is irrelevant for a compressed stream (e.g. FLAC) as all it's telling you is the effectiveness of the compression on that particular file. For an uncompressed stream you can calculate it yourself  bps = bit_depth * sample_rate * number_of_channels where sample rate is in Hz (44100 not 44.1).

@Beolab and @KunterK

We don't provide technical support here. Please raise your issue on our support forum:

Please provide  information as to what you are searching for, what result you are expecting, and what result you are actually getting (screenshots are very useful). For issues with a service like TIDAL it's extremely useful to know what country you are in.

Yes bitrate is a smart floating stream that can variate depending on the quality, and if there is less or more information in the audio / video content, but what i had in mind was if you listen to a Flac file from Deezer it displays 16 bit 44.1 and the same if it is a 320kbits file also so you can't see if it is a native lossless or compressed lossy version. 

And here is the answer from Andrew dCS about the search issue in Tidal: 

There is an intermittent issue with the provider we use to aggregate the search and browse interface from the various streaming services. They are working on correcting it.

9 hours ago, AMP said:

Bitrate is really helpful for catching 320kbps streams and reporting them to streaming services as lossy content that got through QA. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi,

I installed Mosaic yesterday on my iPad and I like most of the improvements.

However, I still have the same problem when I want to use the "¨play all" the tracks of an album.
I get an error message stating 'Could not add items to playlist. No items were added. (No playlist found).
So, I have to select each of the tracks by selecting "Add next" if I want to listen to the whole album.
My music resides on a Synology NAS.
Has someone encountered this problem? Is there a different way to listen to a whole album without needing to select each of the tracks individually?

Thanks,
Gilles

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Bitrate is really helpful for catching 320kbps streams and reporting them to streaming services as lossy content that got through QA. 

From the Mosaic User guide:

https://dcs.community/t/mosaic-ug-3-2-now-playing/260

————

The track format information will allow you to quickly determine the resolution of the current source track as follows:

• Lossless PCM is shown as “PCM” along with the bit depth and sample rate regardless of the file format being played
  • DSD is presented as DSD or DSDx2
  • Lossy formats (AAC and MP3) are shown as the format and the bitrate (e.g. MP3: 320 kbps)
  • MQA is identified with the authentication indicator and the original sample rate

————

We only identify bitrate for lossy files as that’s the only time it’s useful. If it’s lossless you’re going to get bit depth and sample rate as those are far more useful. 

@Julius we don’t provide technical support here. If you’d like some help please post on our support site. 

Programme Manager, Streaming Audio

Data Conversion Systems, Ltd

@AMP

Congratulations on the Mosaic app. Started using it and enjoying it very much. Now that you have a proper solution to play music without the helps of software like Roon, dCS may consider a final touch to perfect the experience.

I want to use USB disk directly connected to the Network Bridge, which, when properly powered and connected, gives the best sonic results to my ears, and minimal complication. However, putting new files into the USB drive requires a lot of manual work, and is quite inconvenient. Can the Network Bridge provide a network share of the USB disk attached so that we can copy new files from the network directly? Is this something you can consider?

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8