IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

Now the Bridge does not re-clock after every MQA track within the same album as before, and Airplay works , more stability etc, etc bugfixes. 

But the app did crash when i played MQA track and was searching for another track.

when i was playing an MQA 192 khz album Coldplay X & O and then moved to a 44.1 album the NB freezed and hang it self, so i needed to restart the NB, hope it does not happends again. 😬 then it is a new bug 

• 2 weeks later...

What do the rest of us in here think about the latest SW / FW update for the NB ? 

@AMP

I think it is much better, but the NB have locked up a few times for me,  and i have been forced to perform a mains resets, so it is slight more unstable , but everything else like the MQA clocking , gapless playback ,  AirPlay , etc etc is perfected. 

So i think if dCS looked over the coding and released a small update for the stability would be great.  

Then if it would be possible to sort your favorite albums in Tidal so you see the latest added albums instead of alphabetic order in the NB App would be great. 

Then the NB would be almost perfected for now. 

SQ performance will not be adjusted according to AMP if it should play bit perfect , but i guess there is slight more to perfect in some other areas, but then it should performe more like the more expensive models in the range maybe. 

4 hours ago, Beolab said:

What do the rest of us in here think about the latest SW / FW update for the NB ? 

@AMP

I think it is much better, but the NB have locked up a few times for me,  and i have been forced to perform a mains resets, so it is slight more unstable , but everything else like the MQA clocking , gapless playback ,  AirPlay , etc etc is perfected. 

So i think if dCS looked over the coding and released a small update for the stability would be great.  

Then if it would be possible to sort your favorite albums in Tidal so you see the latest added albums instead of alphabetic order in the NB App would be great. 

Then the NB would be almost perfected for now. 

SQ performance will not be adjusted according to AMP if it should play bit perfect , but i guess there is slight more to perfect in some other areas, but then it should performe more like the more expensive models in the range maybe. 

I will be back from professional trip this week end and make the upgrade. I m using  roon so not sure I will bring a lot of feedback from the application stand point. 

1 hour ago, mecani said:

Does the application work better?
When you browse the albums remember the position?

It does not remember the position in the album list as it should from my testing. ;(

If i scroll through a list of albums and then gå in to one album to view the tracks, and then go back out, then the App jumps to the first album in the list again. ;/ 

26 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

I will be back from professional trip this week end and make the upgrade. I m using  roon so not sure I will bring a lot of feedback from the application stand point. 

Yes its only gapless playback you will find bettered from the last update 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I do not get it
Most updates to the dcs network are aimed at improving compatibility with roon
Leaving his own application abandoned
Let the future owners of the network know that to use it without headaches it has to be through a computer in which this installed roon with its extra payment

This is just information for dCS. 

But to the rest who is asking why i am eager to sort out the bugs is because of the following: 

I i am using Roon also, but if a function like Airplay is implemented i think it should also work. I got some friends who just want to play a track through Airplay or

sometimes i like to link my Apple TV 4k if i am watching a movie or a concert to the NB through Airplay for example, but it becomes very frustrating when Airplay does not work as it should. 

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded from N10 to NB. Quite a big difference in sound quality. I had a Totaldac D1-Six then. 

You should give both a listen. 

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8