IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

14 minutes ago, Beolab said:

It is early 2019 now , and when is your prognosis for the v.2.0 relese for the Bridge , and will it bring any SQ upgrades in the coding or just better Roon stability? 

First off, we never called this v2.0 for the Bridge and indeed it won't be v2.0. Probably 1.02.

This is a  bugfix release for the bridge FPGA and the same network firmware that was released at the beginning of the month for the other products. It's about to go into verification so it's coming soon (and that's as specific as I'm going to get).

There's not a lot that can be done in terms of SQ in the Bridge software. Sure, we could change how it sounds, but then it wouldn't be bit perfect :)

Programme Manager, Streaming Audio

Data Conversion Systems, Ltd

31 minutes ago, AMP said:

First off, we never called this v2.0 for the Bridge and indeed it won't be v2.0. Probably 1.02.

This is a  bugfix release for the bridge FPGA and the same network firmware that was released at the beginning of the month for the other products. It's about to go into verification so it's coming soon (and that's as specific as I'm going to get).

There's not a lot that can be done in terms of SQ in the Bridge software. Sure, we could change how it sounds, but then it wouldn't be bit perfect :)

Okey so it is just in Vivaldi Upsampler / Bartók the streamer board got slight better hardware / powersupply, and it is because of that they sounds slightly better than the Bridge and Rossini network streamer boards  ? 

Hoping for the dCS bridge App will be improved also, so you can search for a track and from the track go to the Album and making the sorting of your favourite albums be sorted by the latest added Tracks and albums insted of A-Z alaphabetic sorting. 

Then why the Bridge after the MQA update the bridge needs to re-clock after every MQA Master High Res track in the same album or on a USB / HDD. 

If you play 16/44.1 Flac albums it does not need to re-clock at all. This occured after the MQA SW/FW update and havent been fixed in the latest version, hope you can look into it.

Then if it was possible as you mentioned if it was a way for the bridge to control the older master clocks to clock 44.1 or 48 khz in some way insted of run to the clock and hit the button every time would be great if it was possible as you mentioned erlier it could be a possibility  🙏🏻

Then i thought the Bridge just did read out small samples from a song, and did not read out the song from a RAM memory, but if you pull the RJ45 ethernet cable the song playes along for about 30 seconds, and if this is true then you do not need so fancy RJ45 cable if its reading out of a RAM memory ? 

Can you confirm that? 

If you go with two clock sync cables with the same lenght in to the Bridge Word.clock input 1 & 2  from the system clock Puccini U-Clock, then which clock cable is it using , if you for instence are using two diffrent sort of clocking cables , because in the app it says Word.Clock locked on input 1 and 2 , so in reality it could give it a slight different sound if you dont use two identical or just one as inteded? 

I wich you a good night sleep now 💤🙏🏻

On 1/18/2019 at 2:29 AM, Beolab said:

Then i thought the Bridge just did read out small samples from a song, and did not read out the song from a RAM memory, but if you pull the RJ45 ethernet cable the song playes along for about 30 seconds, and if this is true then you do not need so fancy RJ45 cable if its reading out of a RAM memory ? 

Can you confirm that? 

dCS does not promote fancy ethernet cables. In the contrary, they advice to use simple unshielded ones. So, no braids, no cable shields and no metal housing connectors. This is to prevent from leakage currents to occur.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

7 hours ago, skatbelt said:

dCS does not promote fancy ethernet cables. In the contrary, they advice to use simple unshielded ones. So, no braids, no cable shields and no metal housing connectors. This is to prevent from leakage currents to occur.

My question was adressed to dCS if the NB in fact is read out of a RAM memory because you can pull the RJ45 cable and it is still playing for about 30 seconds. 

And a conclution is then if it read out the file from a RAM , then the RJ45 does not have significant impact at all, technically  speaking. 

@AMP

And yes the Airplay is clipping every few seconds so it does not woriking since the last SW/FW. 

So it would be great if you could look into the few bugs and imperfections in my list and the AirPlay issue if you haven't already addressed them in the comming SW/FW update? 

On ‎01‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, AMP said:

I would like to see the update can improve the reliability of the system. I encountered "Network Error, http requests to the selected device failed" every other month. The App can see and control NB but cannot see any UPnP device. Under this situation, I can still play music via BubbleUPnP (gapless is still an issue in the system). After rebooting the NB and/or rebooting the WiFi router, everything works fine again.

• 2 weeks later...

Many bugs to sort out , and some functionallity , hoping for and update of the NB app also

Hoping the release will come out soon ;) 🙏🏻

I have a few Nordost Valhalla 2 power cables home for test, and maybe the NB sounds slight better after just 1 houers listening with the Valhalla 2 ;) 

0D6F06B5-5D9A-4DFF-B63B-FD050E23342A.thumb.jpeg.2ef7d6dcf0d07be4cdca6902d0c436f3.jpegCE3AFCCA-A0FF-411B-AF17-B72B1C819248.thumb.jpeg.7d36c01de5e39ecbb71f5b1c19df6aed.jpegDD6DC008-120A-4B59-B581-515D51A6B67C.thumb.jpeg.f4b1e8b323a3f05c096680087ad674b8.jpeg7BF77A74-57B1-4AB3-9BF8-EA4FC959691D.thumb.jpeg.fe04a312bd99efe725dcf5d4589ad9aa.jpeg

I don't understand what this negativity is about? I use my NB as Roon Endpoint without any problems and it gives me the best sound quality when compared to all other ethernet to digital output converters. Why bother with dCS own music player app? Just like with Auralic, Lumin, Aurender etc. I personally don't understand why (basically) hardware companies dare to touch these area in the first place. Let the cobbler stick to his last.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Perhaps because people don’t want to pay $500 a lifetime subscription for a software when a company like dCS, leader on his market, is providing a free solution that should be at the level of excellence. Stating that the NB with Roon is the best streaming solution is a bit....presumptuous 🙂 . Perhaps the best in your system.

14 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Perhaps because people don’t want to pay $500 a lifetime subscription for a software when a company like dCS, leader on his market, is providing a free solution that should be at the level of excellence. Stating that the NB with Roon is the best streaming solution is a bit....presumptuous 🙂 . Perhaps the best in your system.

The best I have heard in my system. Sorry for not explaining that. So, people pay thousands of dollars for streamers, DAC's, amplifiers, loudspeakers and even cables and software has to come for free? In my book the player software is just as an important component in a digital music chain as all other components.

Perhaps people were badly educated. You know a like of people prefer LMS or UPnP and in this case most of the time it is free with the streamer. 

It is not because you can afford or you like than others need to follow your way.

dcs is proposing such solution, this is also perhaps they think it is a good way. You need also the app to launch some updates or to see some parameters like clock sync and temperature. Lumin has the same philosophy.

by default there is no reason for the remote to impact the sound, only the approach to computer audio. So your experience is not the experience of the others : very simple.

The SW/FW is far from finished , it is not just the unstable App . 

- USB input.  Where ditched 

- Antenna   Ditched 

- Airplay does not work correctly 

- The NB needs to re-clock every MQA track , after the latest update,  that is frustrating if your master clock does not got simultaneously 44.1 & 48 khz word sync functionality

- Higher MQA unfolding compability 

MQA Studio unfolding      No 

etc, etc .. 

please take the time and solve some of the issues would be highly regarded 

-

Some tweaking to the sound as a compensation would be something, because i know there is a few drops lefts to sqeeze out in comparison with the exact same song on a CD vs played on the NB from USB memory or NAS / Roon 

so yes put on the blindfolds and drive your half finished car and be happy 

1 hour ago, Beolab said:

The SW/FW is far from finished , it is not just the unstable App . 

- USB input.  Where ditched 

- Antenna   Ditched 

- Airplay does not work correctly 

- The NB needs to re-clock every MQA track , after the latest update,  that is frustrating if your master clock does not got simultaneously 44.1 & 48 khz word sync functionality

- Higher MQA unfolding compability 

MQA Studio unfolding      No 

etc, etc .. 

please take the time and solve some of the issues would be highly regarded 

-

Some tweaking to the sound as a compensation would be something, because i know there is a few drops lefts to sqeeze out in comparison with the exact same song on a CD vs played on the NB from USB memory or NAS / Roon 

so yes put on the blindfolds and drive your half finished car and be happy

Well, by now it is very clear that you are an unhappy customer. About 75% of your posts are in this thread. I feel committed to offer a little counterweight to all this negativism. I am very satisfied with the unit and I think a lot of people feel the same. I think that you and @Patatorz do this very well engineered product no justice with the way you communicate about it. In my opinion it is to be praised when a company chooses to not implement certain functions if they cannot guarantee their overal quality standards by just doing so.

Often when a HiFi hardware / firmware company take the step into software and try adapt to the new technology , they 99% of the times fall on the finish line because they often contract a external software consulting company to make the app and interface etc. Why dont make a finished product before relesing it insted . 

The only way to make improvmemt is to contribute and pinpoint the issues to give the chance to the developers to correct and sort the bugs out, otherwise nothing will happen most probably untill a mark II version will be released. 

I work with this for a living on a big tech company and i contribute whit assistance to the developers every day, when i find bugs and performance flaws, so they can improve our products, thats the way it works.

So neither we or dCS need an guardian angel here, we all know that you are happy with you product and the rest of us alsolike the product, otherwise we havent bought it in the first place, but the pearl needs to be polished, and we got the rights to make our point here. 

4 hours ago, skatbelt said:

Well, by now it is very clear that you are an unhappy customer. About 75% of your posts are in this thread. I feel committed to offer a little counterweight to all this negativism. I am very satisfied with the unit and I think a lot of people feel the same. I think that you and @Patatorz do this very well engineered product no justice with the way you communicate about it. In my opinion it is to be praised when a company chooses to not implement certain functions if they cannot guarantee their overal quality standards by just doing so.

Funny guy. Don’t worry I will not sell to you my dCS shares 🙂

I see the situation another way. Beolab bought this product. He is demanding according to the product. I think it is fair and deserve the price paid. Dcs should be also happy to have people highlighting the problems and make the product better day after day.

dcs is providing updates for the Vivaldi, the Rossini, the Barton, the NB would have his time. the only red line to not cross is to go out of the « bit perfect » to tune the sound as dcs mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Beolab said:

@AMP

New update for the dCS App and FW for the Network Bridge is aviable from today!🙏🏻

Do we have a list of what has been corrected and refined in the FW for the NB ? 

The update to the main board includes the following fixes:  

• Corrected an issue where the front panel LED would not flash after certain firmware update operations.
  • Improved the reliability of messaging between the FPGA and network card.
  • Improved performance during track transitions in Roon.
  • Improved the behaviour of seek operations in Roon when playing MQA content.
  • Several bug fixes and minor enhancements.

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers