IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

On 6/20/2018 at 8:25 AM, Confused said:

I think you said it in your question - Upsampling aside. 

As far as I am aware, there is no difference in the basic functionality.  That said, I did have two demonstrations of the Upsampler a couple of years ago, this was with a Devialet D800.  In one demonstration the Upsampler was being fed 16/44.1 material, upsampling to DSD, and feeding this to the Devialet that will accept DSD64, but converts to PCM for it's ADH core.  This made no sense to me, and I thought it would sound better upsampling to PCM.  I was wrong, It sounded utterly sensational upsampling to DSD, and definitely ahead of upsampling to PCM.  At home, I can feed my Devialet DSD using HQPlayer, and although this sounds good, it does loose a little in dynamics and bass accuracy versus PCM.  With the dCS Upsampler everything sounds good, every aspect of the performance.  At the time I had listened to the D800 with the Aurender N10, Aurender W20, Melco N1Z, CAD CAT and others.  Nothing sounded as good as the Upsampler.  If it was a little cheaper I would buy one, but £16K for something in what is a fast developing product category is just a bit too steep for me.  It is good though!  So yes, it is just the upsampling, but dCS's upsampling is very special indeed.

My next question would've been about a comparison with an upsampling player like the excellent HQPlayer, so thank you for all the useful information in your post.  I can't say it's actually what I wanted to hear, as such an expense would similarly constrain me.

16 hours ago, Vule said:

Are You convinced?

I was. By the time I placed an order for mine I was told function would be activated in near future.

We need to keep a faith looking at the photo.

I think dcs was a little bit in hurry with release of "golden fish" postponing such feature, or they didn't plan that most of customers would be non dcs crew.

I believe that update will arrive soon or hopefully at least by the end of this year.

@AMPand dCS teams would On that as we don’t read him anymore on this thread : waiting answer on usb for sure and app développement : integration of web radio, qobuz, etc...

19 hours ago, Patatorz said:

waiting answer on usb for sure and app développement : integration of web radio, qobuz, etc...

There's not much more to say that hasn't already been said. USB output is still in development and there has been a lot of activity surrounding this function for the past 8 weeks. We won't release it unless we feel it's 100%. You are welcome to continue asking for updates, but the message won't change until we have some new information to report.

Beyond that, considering the flurry of comments and armchair engineering surrounding some unfortunately-timed new feature announcements in the past we've learned not to make any public comment on a feature until shortly before it's ready for release. To that end I can't comment at this time about the integration of additional streaming services, internet radio, or any other feature.

Programme Manager, Streaming Audio

Data Conversion Systems, Ltd

I posted this earlier in the Network Bridge review thread, but I think it might be more relevant here, see link below.  I know @mecani has tried some of this.  Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Is the dCS web site down or under maintenance?

Since selling my Debussy I have not used the dCS web site for a while.  Now that I just picked up a Network Bridge I tried to access the dCS web site, but it kept coming back with a text based web site circa early 90s HTML.

Also one quick question, is firmware upgrade readily available via the web?  Or need to go thru the dealer like my Debussy used to need.

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

On 6/26/2018 at 10:54 PM, agentsmith said:

Is the dCS web site down or under maintenance?

Since selling my Debussy I have not used the dCS web site for a while.  Now that I just picked up a Network Bridge I tried to access the dCS web site, but it kept coming back with a text based web site circa early 90s HTML.

Also one quick question, is firmware upgrade readily available via the web?  Or need to go thru the dealer like my Debussy used to need.

This site?  https://www.dcsltd.co.uk/   It’s up for me. What message are you receiving when you try this site?

As for firmware for the Network Bridge, it is accessed and applied via the app from Apple App Store as dCS Network Bridge.  Hope you have an iPad.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

I have been getting a slow loading text based web site that looks like the attached.

I tried different computers and browsers with same result.

This looks like broken HTML code to me.  It has been like this for weeks now.  Looks really bad for a class act like dCS.

Screenshot 2018-06-29 20.44.58.png

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

1 hour ago, agentsmith said:

I have been getting a slow loading text based web site that looks like the attached.

I tried different computers and browsers with same result.

This looks like broken HTML code to me.  It has been like this for weeks now.  Looks really bad for a class act like dCS.

Screenshot 2018-06-29 20.44.58.png

Agentsmith, where are you located? It appears that dCS's CDN is having issues loading some of the assets (CSS) that require to display the layout.  Try a hard fresh of your browser.
1157059370_screen2018-06-29at10_01_33AM.jpg.aac7937f9db2ac19e4e2877957bdd6a3.jpg

I am located in Hong Kong.

I tried loading your image link and got a "504 Gateway Timeout".

I think their CDN in this part of the world down and has been down for months now.

I have tried from different computers different browsers and both from work and from home, so I am pretty sure the problem is with their servers.

On 6/28/2018 at 5:27 PM, stevebythebay said:

This site?  https://www.dcsltd.co.uk/   It’s up for me. What message are you receiving when you try this site?

As for firmware for the Network Bridge, it is accessed and applied via the app from Apple App Store as dCS Network Bridge.  Hope you have an iPad.

Site works fine for me, too. Seems you have a browser, cache, or ISP issue. Or something about the DNS you are using.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

OK, it seems I woke someone up.  The site loads fast and properly now, after months of outage.

dCS is still my favourite, especially when it comes to listening to their customers.

I wish the folks at Devialet learn something from them. 

On 6/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, Confused said:

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the Network Bridge with a decent external master clock.  I recall that a while ago @mecani posted some very positive words with respect to running the NB with a Mutec REF10 / MC3+USB providing word clock input.  I already own the REF10 and MC3+USB, so this would be possible for me.  I was just wondering if there was any other experience out there?

Yes I am now using MC3+USB/REF 10 as a reclocker and clock provider for my NB as well. The sound is great. Recently I ask a technician to help me change the internal switching power supply of MC3 into linear power supply as well. The effect surprise me as well. 

FBD3C675-BE7C-4631-89F7-26B2135F85E1.jpeg

14 hours ago, paulmckwan said:

If you bought Nulceus for Roon, your USB disk of music files must connect to this unit. As the Roon core on Nulceus can't see the file if it's connected to the NB's USB.

Thanks, Paul. Quite right. And tips the balance toward connecting the external drive there. Otherwise, I would have to use the dCS NB app to access the external drive if it was connected to the NB. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Emc1 said:

Yes I am now using MC3+USB/REF 10 as a reclocker and clock provider for my NB as well. The sound is great. Recently I ask a technician to help me change the internal switching power supply of MC3 into linear power supply as well. The effect surprise me as well. 

FBD3C675-BE7C-4631-89F7-26B2135F85E1.jpeg

This is interesting.  Are you taking the AES feed from the NB and then running this first through the MC3+USB and then to your DAC or simply providing a word clock feed to the NB and this feeds the DAC directly?  Plus, do you have any issues with providing just one word clock feed to the NB, when ideally it should have two, one at 44.1kHz rates and one 48kHz rates?

One thing occurs to me here, you have two MC3+USB's, so in theory, one could generate the 44.1kHz rates and the other 48kHz rates, and you could then feed both word clock rates to the NB.  Just a thought.  Maybe this is unnecessary if you simply upsample everything to 24/192 or similar?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

4 hours ago, Confused said:

This is interesting.  Are you taking the AES feed from the NB and then running this first through the MC3+USB and then to your DAC or simply providing a word clock feed to the NB and this feeds the DAC directly?  Plus, do you have any issues with providing just one word clock feed to the NB, when ideally it should have two, one at 44.1kHz rates and one 48kHz rates?

One thing occurs to me here, you have two MC3+USB's, so in theory, one could generate the 44.1kHz rates and the other 48kHz rates, and you could then feed both word clock rates to the NB.  Just a thought.  Maybe this is unnecessary if you simply upsample everything to 24/192 or similar?

Yes, I have compare the following connections to my DCS NB

1. Two mutec MC3+USB used as external clock to NB only. One provides 44.1 kHz and the other provides 48.1k Hz. Set my NB with an AES connection to my dac directly.

2. NB output signal through AES to MC3 and then AES to DAC. This MC3 also output a clock signal to NB.

3. Same setting with 2. Add another MC3. Output the clock signal 48.1 kHz to  NB

4. NB —> AES—> MC3–> AES—> MC3–> AES—>DAC (reclocker function only)

5. Same as 4. Output clock signals to NB as well 

Finally I choose setting 5 as my connection

On 7/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, Chrome said:

I have acquired a Roon Nulceus + and a dCS NB. I would like to add an external drive containing my music library and have the option of adding it to the NB or the Nucleus +. Thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated. 

I use a Samsung T5 SSD via USB 3.1 cable into the ROON ROCK... quiet, fast although limited to 1 or 2TB....small form factor so your library can travel with you if on holidays  

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 9.34.53 AM.png

@AMP, do you have plans to add NAA support for HQPlayer?

And what about wi-fi plug on dcs network bridge, does that work now? can i stream music via wi-fi?

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

dcs network bridge Sold

Disappointed with the way of selling this brand

In September of 2017 I bought the dcs knowing that the usb dac output was not activated, but the distributor assured me that in 2 months it would be active
but 10 months later there is nothing
  not to mention the wifi connection
  I understand that the updating process is complicated
what I do not understand is announcing updates when you still do not know are going to be carried out