IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

11 hours ago, Emerald Core said:

Can you relate to existing streamers from Aurender, Auralic, Lumin, Melco and solutions like MR and SOtm SMS200 ? 

Thanks 

Extreme expectations:-)

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎02‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 10:09 AM, Emerald Core said:

Any comparisons other than Naim ? 

Auralic, Aurender, Melco, MR, SMS-200, Mac Mini ?

Internet streaming like Tidal or Qobuz can be used as a reference for music due to the popularity. 

A new review from Poland:

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-759&lang=en

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, stevebythebay said:

In had the N10 in my system for nearly a year before bringing a microRendu/Sonore Sig. LPS into my environment.  And most recently have been using the dCS Network Bridge. Each change has represented a step up (you can read my earlier posts). However, since every system is different, and each of us has differing tastes/expectation respecting music playback, I hope you've the opportunity to bring demo units home for trial. 

According to this review the Antipodes DX seems to outperform the N10 as well:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/digital-reviews/network-player-reviews/antipodes-dx-music-server/

So it might be better to compare the Antipodes to the dCS NB.

Matt

• 3 months later...
On 25. Oktober 2017 at 1:40 PM, wdw said:

Yes, I have....the bridge was recognized immediately with A+ 3.1.  Have been using a ROON ROCK but now alternate with A+ which, to my ear,  sounds somewhat better than Roon.

Did you or others compare Tidal (integrated in A+ 3.1) going into the dCS bridge  vs. Tidal (integrated in the dCS Bridge)?

Thanks

Matt 

8 minutes ago, George Hincapie said:

I doubt the USB implementation would sound as good as since AES for that matter. I know that I will be using AES between dCS NB and my Metrum Onyx should I choose to ever spend that much on a bridge.

Interesting the comment of Antipodes Audio regarding AES:

"With poor quality servers, playing over the network to an Ethernet DAC can make sense, but with an excellent server playback via USB sounds clearly better.

SPDIF and AES3 can compete with USB if done properly, but will generally sound softer and warmer due to higher jitter, and some people will prefer that in some contexts. We expect to move away from providing SPDIF and AES3 over time as customers are preferring to use higher bit-rate file formats, including upsampling their ripped CD files. SPDIF and AES3 interfaces are much less suited to transferring high bit-rates than USB and Ethernet, because they don't have the bandwidth to "square out" a high bit-rate signal."

Matt

The dCS bridge and the dCS DACs have the great advantage to offer double AES outputs/inputs and are able to send 24/384 and DSD128.

In this context double AES may be as good as USB. 

I am very curious how the upcoming USB output of the bridge will perform vs. the double AES.

Matt

I think it is interesting that Antipodes gets rid of both AES and SPDIF outputs with the new version of the DX.

The question is how well USB is implemented. A good example is the Phison PD2.

Matt

51 minutes ago, wdw said:

From the ROON Community dCS thread, November 12th is the new rumoured date for Rossini (and hopefully the Bridge) firmware update

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/dcs-rossini-tidal-and-mqa/17987/29

According to the dCS announcement from 19th October the Rossini update is one month earlier than the Bridge update, so maybe now December 13th for the Bridge?

The world would be much better without MQA.

Matt