IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

On 5/31/2017 at 9:56 PM, stevebythebay said:

Having had an Aurender N10 in my system and then switching back to a combination of MacMini and microRendu I found that a better sonic alternative.  Best to get a dealer to loan an N10 to you for trial, as you may or may not find it to your liking.  I'd say the A10, based on what I understand, and Chris and other's reviews, is likely a solid and more universal solution to the emerging streaming world while retaining most of the benefits the N10 offers.  Though I cannot speak for how the A10 fares against the N10 sonically, especially for locally attached media.  For me, swapping my combo Digital to Digital converter and microRendu for the dCS Network Bridge is my next step up.

Does this mean that you prefer the bridge over N10 ? or do their even remotely sound comparable ?

On 6/12/2017 at 6:42 AM, wdw said:

Have one in house to review from our local HiFi hut....Sound Room, Vancouver, the best!

Two seconds in it was apparent how discreet, quiet and fascinating our most well-known playist is from this musical device.  

Piece was brand new, cold out of the box, no burn-in, etc....

amazing!

Can you relate to existing streamers from Aurender, Auralic, Lumin, Melco and solutions like MR and SOtm SMS200 ? 

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, pam1975 said:

There is an upcoming publication I think in the UK that reviews it and puts it on par with Naim NDS/555PS DR

will try to find the link again

I'm getting it on Friday 

I don't know how good NDS 555 is but I know that there is Aurrender N10 that is taking the market with high praise all over the internet. 

I would be happy to know if dCS can surpass this streamer. It is literally double the price of network bridge. 

4 minutes ago, pam1975 said:

NDS/555PS is one of the very best streamers on the market. Top 3. Worth 18-20k euro I think?

have not heard Aurender N10

It may be one of the best, I am nobody to argue about that. The N10 is universally agreed to be better compatible with a large amount of audio systems, and sounds best through USB & AES connections. Also note that N10 has a high end internal clock which is a plus. Unlike NDS which is supposed to work best with Naim setup. 

I am here just to observe users reaction to the NB. I hope it becomes a game changer to the crazily developing overpriced streaming market. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

BUMP!

Are there any users who owned/listened to the Network Bridge. I am extremely interested to read a comparison between NB, N10 and Signature Rendu (assuming that these are the most raved streamers/renderers at the moment). 

Three different philosophies in digital playback. Three different value per $ tier.