IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe I'm over ambitious or just too optimistic, but I was hoping the Dcs would compete with the Aurender N10 or Lumin S1.

I realize these are different animals (on board DAC for S1 and storage for N10), but I just wonder about the ultimate sound quality.

With new devices coming out so regularly 3-4k some how feels reasonable. 8-10k not so much ...

5 minutes ago, firedog said:

It will be interesting when the ultraRendu comes out how it will be in comparison to the dCS. I bet it gets you close to the dCS sound for much less.

maybe ... but no SPDIF out as I understand ... :(

• 2 weeks later...

I still hope someone will have the chance to compare the DCS to the Aurender N10.

I know it is different functionality and eventually a totally different animal.

But I would like to know if all other components are the same what is the best digital source of those 2.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, KunterK said:

Since dCS is playing from the Network or from an attached USB drive,  not from an internal disk,  one should be careful with the surrounding items (network, data source etc)  when doing the comparison.

That is one of my concerns. With the NB SQ will be influenced by many more components affecting end result.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, KunterK said:

Once again I can state everything, I mean everything, is important in computer related audio. 

Doesn't that draw you to an all-in-one solution such as Aurender?

That would avoid (or drastically reduce) network reliance and other devices on the network (routers, switches, cabling, NAS, PC, etc).

• 1 year later...

I’m really curious to read your findings.

Not many people have compared the n10 and the NB from a sq point of view.

I realize they are different beasts and there are more variables with the NB (nas, network, etc) but I’m still curious if the NB is not more flexible and equal from a sq point of view.

• 1 year later...