IGNORED

Album if the year... Nominations

No idea if anyone would like to take this up (Chris?) but would people like to vote for a "ComputerAudiophile.com" album of the year?

If so I suggest people nominate their top three (no particular order) albums in this thread (without really discussing them) through November, then in December we open a poll for the top 10 nominated albums.

I suggest we set a limit that any albums nominated should have been released after 1st October 2015 (this allow for some albums which may have had staggered release dates). Reissues and remasters are not eligible but any other album is in any genre.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Keeping it simple would be best. Less then 2% of my collection is Classical or Jazz, but I imagine for album of the year, there would be a lot of recommendations in these categories from this site. Maybe we could have a few runner-ups from sub categories, such as Pop, Rap, Metal, Classical, Jazz and so on. I love metal music but for me the band Volbeat was the only significant release for metal (this in cases anything metal related Hard Rock-Thrash). But I wouldn't consider it for over all album of the year. Others may want to listen to it and see what the buzz is about. I stream from Tidal, so I would look forward to listening to all recommend albums listed.

Great idea Audio_Elf

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

PS. I would give my nominations but I'm still considering them...

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Aren't we a bit early with 2 month to go? Otherwise good idea. And agree, we need to have genres.

Well it depends if you want a result at the end of the year, or a result of the best from 2016 announced in March (allowing a month for nominations and a month for votes).

I was thinking deliberately have no genres. For one thing it's often hard to decide what genre something fits in. Remember this is for new recordings...

Eloise

---

Drive-By Truckers, Mary Halvorson Octet, and Ibragimova/Tibeerghien Mozart violin sonatas.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Seems to be a good year for American Music,

all my 2016 shortlist bands are American. I would not not have imagined that at the start of the year ...

I second the

- Drive-By Truckers - American Band

DBT - Front.jpg

en plus:

- City of the Sun - - To The Sun And All The Cities In Between

COTS - Cover.jpg

and - I just couldn't spare this ;-)

- American Hi-Fi - Acoustic

AHF -folder.jpg

Cheers, Tom

• 3 weeks later...
Seems to be a good year for American Music,

all my 2016 shortlist bands are American. I would not not have imagined that at the start of the year ...

[deleted]

- City of the Sun - - To The Sun And All The Cities In Between

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30442[/ATTACH]

and - I just couldn't spare this ;-)

Cheers, Tom

Thanks for this pointer. City of the Sun sounds very interesting. Will pay close attention.

Let every eye ear negotiate for itself and trust no agent. (Shakespeare)

The things that we love tell us what we are. (Aquinas)

• 4 weeks later...

What a beautiful recording- thanks for the heads up on this DuckToller! I may just have to listen to the truckers next.

Thanks for this pointer. City of the Sun sounds very interesting. Will pay close attention.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Thank you,

I agree wholeheartedly :-)

I had it once posted in the album of the evening thread with a brief description.

They inform on their fb page on the upcoming live events, in December they did NY and California. I regard them as one of the concerts I really love to see.

The other nominations are different , but the Truckers e.g. have "what it means", this tower of song, on their album, that I regard as a very important statement for all that happend in the USA in 2016. Otherwise, if you like the Rolling Stones, it could be a good fit, too.

Cheers, Tom