IGNORED

Bricasti M1 SE & other DACs under 10k worth auditioning

One last bit of advice from me.

Whatever DAC you decide on, while this has nothing to do with listening pleasure, I would just check Audiogon to see how the product you choose resells and how good the market is for it. Many do change their components pretty often and you never know if you will be one of the "many" and you want to be able to walk away from it if it doesn't meet your expectations.

I haven't heard the Dave but have owned the HUGO and now a MOJO and really enjoy them.

Do you own a DAVE? Definitely a DAC I would like to hear.

I own Dave. I have not heard M1 by myself. In my country's community, most experienced audiophiles agree Dave sounds better than M1. One well-known audiophile strongly recommend DAVE as he think DAVE improves almost all aspects than M1 and replaced his M1 by DAVE.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

The T+A DAC8 DSD has an analog volume control of discreet resistors which might be preferable to digital attenuators in other converters if you plan on driving the amp direct.

You could also try importing the Chord DAVE from the UK as it has a universal voltage PSU, the price (including duty and shipping) will be under $10k this way.

The T+A DAC8 DSD has an analog volume control of discreet resistors which might be preferable to digital attenuators in other converters if you plan on driving the amp direct.

You could also try importing the Chord DAVE from the UK as it has a universal voltage PSU, the price (including duty and shipping) will be under $10k this way.

I do plan on feeding my Vitus RI100 amp, which has a decent preamp linestage. I know it's silly to think this way, but the looks of the Chord gear is not my cup of tea :)

Yes, i've heard good things about it. However, it seems to always be paired with its streaming counterpart at $6.5K. Curious how much of a role synergy plays here/

A good source is always critical! As long as it is of comparable quality it shouldn't matter. I've heard it with a couple different sources for S/PDIF and USB, and all were good.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I will read the review BUT doesn't 6 moons now have a policy that they only review products that advertise with them?? If that is the case I really find that policy to mitigate any review that comes from that site.

You are absolutely right, content and advertising must not be linked. How can we be sure that these reviews are objective??

I propose you give Srajan's piece a read, this is not questionable or dubious in any way imho:

6moons audio industry features: A broken system

For me personally, 6moons is the publication I trust the most, especially Srajan's own reviews float my boat.

Additionally his taste in sound reproduction (and price area) kind of reflect my own, which gives additional weight to his words (for me at least).

If I had to choose one online mag, this would be it.

Cheers

Edit: The T+A @ DSD512 gets my vote as well!

Consultant to Taiko Audio

I propose you give Srajan's piece a read, this is not questionable or dubious in any way imho:

6moons audio industry features: A broken system

For me personally, 6moons is the publication I trust the most, especially Srajan's own reviews float my boat.

Additionally his taste in sound reproduction (and price area) kind of reflect my own, which gives additional weight to his words (for me at least).

If I had to choose one online mag, this would be it.

Cheers

Edit: The T+A @ DSD512 gets my vote as well!

To be honest I don't get a big lift from most reviews. I like reading and/or browsing to see the new stuff coming out but I kind of ignore the opinion part of most reviews. Not claiming to be better just have my own taste and always rather judge for myself and when it comes to an audio piece IMO you have to live with it for awhile and listen rather than "review".

Having said that, he may be the most honest guy, his methods I just can't support and hence unless he is a robot bias based on his business model WILL always creep into the equation.

I can tell you as a physician, many companies have tried to "induce me" with tickets to this or that or IPO access or trips to see their equipment, etc and I have never accepted and I never will. I won't even buy stock in companies I do business with because I do recognize the human element in all things no matter what people tell you to the contrary. I have always worked that way and want to be beholden to no one in making my decisions nor do I want "it" to creep into the subconscious.

I will read the review BUT doesn't 6 moons now have a policy that they only review products that advertise with them?? If that is the case I really find that policy to mitigate any review that comes from that site.

Yes, I believe they do.

Parttimeaudiophile also reviewed the Atlantic about a month ago.

This is the plain vanilla Atlantic. The demo unit I had came tube rectified WITH additional Chipless dsd512 engine.

I slightly preferred chipless in my setup to R2R DSD, but at a pals house, the chipless was very far ahead. To the point where one fellow there said if he owned the Dac, he would ONLY listen to chipless DSD.

Yes, I believe they do.

Parttimeaudiophile also reviewed the Atlantic about a month ago.

I am sure the Lampi are excellent. I haven't heard them so I can't give a personal opinion and surely have products in the price range of the OP.

I just have issues with conflicts of interest (not just in politics) but in all things hence my comment about 6 moons.

I am sure the Lampi are excellent. I haven't heard them so I can't give a personal opinion and surely have products in the price range of the OP.

I just have issues with conflicts of interest (not just in politics) but in all things hence my comment about 6 moons.

Perfectly clear and understandable. I work in Pharma so fully understood your anecdote.