IGNORED

Mac Mini Quad-Core - 256GB SSD - 16GB RAM ::::: excellent - PLUS Bonus

Mac Mini Quad-Core - 256GB SSD - 16GB Memory ::::: BEST COMPUTER MUSIC SERVER

This Mac Mini is the previous version of the Mini line. I'm the original owner, have owned it for about three years, and this is stock from Apple -- internal drive, memory, everything. Excellent condition, since well-taken care of and then replaced by a much more costly Aurender music server.

And if you buy this Mini at the asking price, this BONUS: an external, fan-less (quiet) 2TB hard-disk drive from Western Digital for storing your music. This WD My Book Studio silver-cased drive was only used for periodic backup, so very low usage, pristine condition inside and out.

Why is this particular Mac Mini the best Mac computer to use as a music server?

* Quad-core i7 Intel microprocessor (no longer available; only dual-core now).

* Full 16GB memory, for faster operation.

* Internal SSD for the operating system, much quieter than an internal hard drive.

* And for connecting an external drive, which is the best way to store your music, you can choose from Thunderbolt, FireWire, USB, HDMI, or Ethernet connections.

* There are still many low cost FireWire drives available, which are relatively inexpensive and work great for external music drives. Again, a 2TB WD drive comes extra for any buyer at the asking price.

* And, in general, a Mac Mini run headless (no screen) from another Mac computer is just another box in your audio system, so no need to look at any (obvious) computer in your music room.

Some specs:

2.6 GHz Intel Quad-Core i7

16GB memory (1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x8GB)

256GB internal SSD (solid state drive)

Sold with a clean install of the Mac operating system.

PRICE = $800, shipped in original box plus further double-boxed for extra protection

Please add shipping costs and the 3% PayPal fee.

Ask away with questions about this Mac Mini, about partitions and operating systems, about external drives to hold your music, or any other related thoughts.

Dave, who is both very careful in general and has 30 years of experience using Mac computers so you can rely on his tech work on this Mini before it comes to you

mac_mini_02.jpg

mac_mini_01.jpg

wd_drive_frontback_02.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Very nice. No association with the seller, however the Late 2012 Model Mac Mini has served me very well for five years now. No regrets about owning it, and haven't seen a newer Mac Mini that I am interested in owning ( given what I use it for - music playback).

It has been flawless for me as well over the many years of service in serving up music. It has seen lots of Operating systems, and music player software come and go....;)

FWIW, YMMV.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs