IGNORED

Lampizator L4 G4 DAC (Balanced, 2 pairs of XLR outputs, many tubes to roll, ...)

My upgraded Lampizator Level 4 Generation 4 DAC is for sale for 1990 EUR (2290 EUR with extra tubes) including shipping to EU (not including PayPal fees or shipping outside EU). Original boxes and certificate of authenticity/guarantee are included.

This is the standard 230V L4 G4 that I bought from Kemp Elektroniks (audio distributor from The Netherlands) on August 2014. They upgraded the unit with:

- Allen Bradley resistors

- Furutech gold plated IEC inlet.

That unit had the standard S/PDIF (RCA) digital input and RCA analogue output. Then I sent it to Lampizator to install the following upgrades:

- USB Input

- DSD Engine

- Convert it to fully balanced

- 4 new Jupiter Copper Wax capacitors

- 2 sets of XLR outputs (Very important for me to be able to connect the DAC to two different amplifiers not having to connect and disconnect cables). I cannot understand why this is not a standard feature in most DACs.

- Replace RCA input connector with a 75 ohm BNC connector.

The unit has 5 years transferable guarantee from August 2014. Still more than 2 years of official guarantee ahead.

After the upgrades I tried different tubes that will I include in the package and sound much better than the default ones (Sovtec):

- 2 pairs of Sylvania 6SN7W Short bottle. My favorite tube

- Pair of Sylvania 6SN7W big bottle. My favorite too.

- Pair of Ken-Rad 6SN7GT VT-231 . My second favorite. Bass to die for. Plastic holder in one tube is broken but it fits perfectly in the DAC and it does not affect the sound.

- 2 pairs of 1578 Russian tubes. The best Russian 6SN7 tubes, comparable to the best. Very recommended by Lampizator.

- Pair of Tungsol 6SN7WGT tubes.

- Sylvania 5Y3WGT rectifier tube

- Bendix 6106 rectifier tube

(More than 400 EUR in nice tubes)

As you can see in the web, this DAC would retail for about 4500 EUR not including the tubes. This is the DAC that made Lampizator famous. It is their best seller that you do not see usually for sale as people normally do not let them go.

This Lampizator DAC sounds amazing and it has been very well built. Before doing the upgrade, Lukasz told me in an email: “... the DAC looks very clean and good. It was a specially well made demo unit for potential distributor. ….”

Some reviews: ( many more here: REVIEWS )

LampizatOr Level 4 DAC

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Lampizator level 4 DAC test review

Pictures (click for higher resulution images):

3beefe96_P60401-220223.jpg

1af62ef3_P60403-12381201.jpg

c08dba9c_P60403-12384701.jpg

90fb3307_P60403-123838.jpg

263091b9_P60403-12385601.jpg

Cheers,

Victor.

• 4 months later...