IGNORED

Bought a new reciever.

Can you please put that guy on your ignore list, it seems you two are bickering every time you get in a thread.

I understand and agree with you're assessment, but its not up to me. If you read my other post, I suggested we just stop arguing and leave each other alone. I'm from NY, so believe me when I tell you I get enough practice during the day. The last thing I want is to come on a site like this and argue.

I understand and agree with you're assessment, but its not up to me. If you read my other post, I suggested we just stop arguing and leave each other alone. I'm from NY, so believe me when I tell you I get enough practice during the day. The last thing I want is to come on a site like this and argue.

Put him on your ignore list, it is totally up to you.

You're right about the DF bypassing the receivers dac. As for not needing a dac, the dac on his receiver doesn't have usb input so he will have to buy a converter. That's why I say just get the DF. It will cost a little more than a converter, but its going to sound better than the existing dac. And its portable. I use mine on both my Samsung tablet and smart phone.

As for the theater option, I don't see it doing the OP any good. He has a 2 channel receiver, so he can only listen in stereo anyway. And even if he did have a multi channel receiver, he would just use the processor in that. The external sound card is really meant for someone who has powered speakers like a Logitech system, or even pro monitors.

I have that external sound card in my system connecting my PC to my Marantz 7702. It is VERY good (actually shocking). I use the upsampling feature to output 192/24 PCM to my receiver. I use it to convert non dolby digital content to dolby digital when I want it. Then it has some awesome software that let's you EQ content using dolby proprietary algoriths. It's made by dolby and it is good. For less than $100 its a ridiculous value. If this card was made by an audio boutique instead of Asus it would go for much more $$$.

I have that external sound card in my system connecting my PC to my Marantz 7702. It is VERY good (actually shocking). I use the upsampling feature to output 192/24 PCM to my receiver. I use it to convert non dolby digital content to dolby digital when I want it. Then it has some awesome software that let's you EQ content using dolby proprietary algoriths. It's made by dolby and it is good. For less than $100 its a ridiculous value. If this card was made by an audio boutique instead of Asus it would go for much more $$$.

We both presented valid options to the OP. He'll pick the one that he likes the best.