IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

I confirm, 5V in, 4.5V out.

Thank you very much for confirming. I wonder if Sbooster will sell just the board so I don't have to go through the hassle of removing it from the case.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Yes, I confirm.

I have received the board already out of the case.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Thank you very much. I contacted Sbooster to see if I can purchase the board. I know that it is no big deal but I would prefer to not cut any of the wires inside the SU-1. I would prefer to make two new cables, one that I can connect to the end of one in the SU-1 and the other as output from the Sbooster board. However, I have not had any luck identifying the connector used in the SU-1. Anyone know?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Thank you very much. I contacted Sbooster to see if I can purchase the board. I know that it is no big deal but I would prefer to not cut any of the wires inside the SU-1. I would prefer to make two new cables, one that I can connect to the end of one in the SU-1 and the other as output from the Sbooster board. However, I have not had any luck identifying the connector used in the SU-1. Anyone know?

Still no word back from Sbooster. @granosalis how long did it take for you to get in touch with Sbooster?

Other components:

I just bought a SU-1 off head-fi and will be pairing it with a microRendu and Yggy.

Congrats! I am curious how it will sound with the MR. So right now you go straight from MR to Yggy? The SU-1 will sit between the MR and Yggy? I am thinking about getting a MR.

Other components:

Congrats! I am curious how it will sound with the MR. So right now you go straight from MR to Yggy? The SU-1 will sit between the MR and Yggy? I am thinking about getting a MR.

Yes, MR to Yggy via USB. The SU-1 will sit between, so I'll be able to use AES from the SU-1 to the Yggy via a Transparent Reference cable.

Does anyone know the current draw with the SU-1?

Other components:

I am feeding it's board with LPS-1, so should be less than 1.5 A, 5V. LPS stays cool.

Great to know! That was my plan too. No issues with DSD too right (I am assuming DSD draws more power)?

BTW, did you perceive and improvement in sound quality by using the LPS-1?

Other components:

Great to know! That was my plan too. No issues with DSD too right?

BTW, did you perceive and improvement in sound quality by using the LPS-1?

No issues with DSD. You sure get improvement over feeding it through the built-in PS.

No issues with DSD. You sure get improvement over feeding it through the built-in PS.

Great! I am excited to try it out. I am going to first feed the SU-1 with my HDPlex linear power supply then compare it to the LPS-1.

Other components:

tboooe, do you still feel the mids are flat after burn-in?

Absolutely not! I think the SU-1 is great and I have no regrets selling the much more expensive Mutec 3+.

Other components:

my best setup:

sms 200-8v ultracap,without any ldo,choke,cap.Relay isolated with plasticine,no audible click

singxer x mos-ultracap

singxer main board-ultracap

@hurka, do you have any link to those ultracaps? Thanks.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

@hurka, do you have any link to those ultracaps? Thanks.

I don't want linked here much taobao stuff.

Actually I trial many kind of power supply and variations this last 3 weeks.I like also : battery-Lt1963-Ultracaps2.7v 100f(2pcs-5v or 3 pcs 8v)No need relay,can charging and using same time.Perfect with singxer,but I also use sms200,around 7volt,3ultracaps.Only need bigger charger around 2 amper,8.4 volt.Really good sound with 2-3 ultracaps,and extreme cheap!!

TB1pO.MJpXXXXcWXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

I don't want linked here much taobao stuff.

OK, send me a PM then because when I searched for 'caps' I get pills, things like vitamins and things like that in return. :D

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I went "all out" and purchased from Sound Affairs" the Elementa cable with the connector already attached and their PLiXir Balanced DC power supply and I can't put into words the transformation!

Without a doubt any power upgrade to the SU-1 yields incredible results. I could never go back to the stock power supply.

Transaction was flawless and James Soh was always very accessible via email.

For more info:- Here is the link

https://www.mysoundaffairs.com/products/singxer-su-1-with-plixir-elite-bdc-modification

I went "all out" and purchased from Sound Affairs" the Elementa cable with the connector already attached and their PLiXir Balanced DC power supply and I can't put into words the transformation!

Without a doubt any power upgrade to the SU-1 yields incredible results. I could never go back to the stock power supply.

Transaction was flawless and James Soh was always very accessible via email.

For more info:- Here is the link

https://www.mysoundaffairs.com/products/singxer-su-1-with-plixir-elite-bdc-modification

Thank you so much for this info. I didnt realize there were upgrades for the Su-1. I wonder how this would compare to the LPS-1 for about the same price. I do like how this upgrade is a kit though with the new input plug and plate. Very clean looking.

Other components:

For anyone on this thread that has modified the SU-1 to allow it to be powered by Uptone LPS-1, and you are willing to provide step by step details on how you did that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC