IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

This Ultra caps really big improvement,other solution not the best.

Sorry about dc connector inside,dont know the type,but can use the origin one.

I also powered my consonance x5 Ethernet usb bridge ,(raspi2 inside)with Lt3042 ultra low noise power,so all together the improvement very very big.

notice:dont use laptop,pc,smps,linear high current powered machine,because sound crappy.

TB1Q3raHpXXXXciXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Ultracaps from China taobao ,made in US(really??)4.5rmb 2.7v 100Farad.In this picture:5.4V250Farad 65rmb.

Yes,many place now, inside the singxer.But the charging process not automatic this time.With external power easy to charge or change.Smaller ucap(5v 400Farad) can run 3hours,with bigger(600F),4hours and need charge again about 15 min.

I want automatic charge and switch between 2 Ultracap with time controlled relay.Not ordered yet....

TB2XGm1aFXXXXckXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1056860171.jpg

Works neverending,replaced smps charger,2pcs lt 1084 parallel,put one buffer cap output line because 2 relays have 0.1 sec pause.

Just little loud the relays,later i put in some chassis.

Sound Fantastic,dont know the Lt 3042 board+r core +isotransf. or this Supercap better.

Next target in singxer:xo s.I want trial dedicated independent power rails.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
@hurka, do you have any link to those ultracaps? Thanks.

I don't want linked here much taobao stuff.

Actually I trial many kind of power supply and variations this last 3 weeks.I like also : battery-Lt1963-Ultracaps2.7v 100f(2pcs-5v or 3 pcs 8v)No need relay,can charging and using same time.Perfect with singxer,but I also use sms200,around 7volt,3ultracaps.Only need bigger charger around 2 amper,8.4 volt.Really good sound with 2-3 ultracaps,and extreme cheap!!

TB1pO.MJpXXXXcWXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

I tried using a 5v -cut off usb cable to connect pc with SU-1 but it did not work. So it seems that Su-1 needs 5v power to, at least, have handshake with pc. After the handshake, maybe removing 5v power would do sone benefit. I just don't have a twin headed usb cable to test this idea. Anyone here having a twin headed cable please test and report back. Thanks a lot.

usb 5v use x mos chip,clean separate power big jump.cut only 5v+

• 9 months later...