IGNORED

The Rolling Stones in Mono - 15 Album Set in DSD

• 2 weeks later...
Now available from the Super HiRez Downloads section of Acoustic Sounds, the 15 album set "The Rolling Stones In Mono" in DSD, transferred from the First Generation Analog Master Tapes.

The Rolling Stones-The Rolling Stones In Mono-DSD Single Rate 28MHz64fs Download|Acoustic Sounds

Sounds like some of these are the same files that have existed for years on SACD, and the same files that were coverted to 24.176 and made available for download. If so, no reason for me to replace the SACD rips I already own.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The Rolling Stones In Mono

Also available converted to hi-res PCM

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Sounds like some of these are the same files that have existed for years on SACD, and the same files that were coverted to 24.176 and made available for download. If so, no reason for me to replace the SACD rips I already own.

I'm pretty sure my SACD's are stereo, not mono. If Decca did the mixes like the EMI Beatles albums or their classical albums, then the monos are different mixes.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files