IGNORED

Upsampling to anything other than your DAC's internal conversion rate

Get this : we want to look at how you' date=' or another, listen (to examine if what you say you're hearing... can be replicated).

[/font']

So it seems that you are saying that you "know" that, some-many, post they "hear" "soundstage", "tone", " Whatever" but really can not (or to the degree they say) because their equipment and setup/layout could in no way allow them to hear what they say they hear.

So to "prove" it you demand someone post a photo of their system and room.

OK, let me be the first to hit the buzzer to buzz you out. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

NOT AT ALL DEFINITIVE for a variety of reasons. Also been in to many Audiophiles rooms over the years and been surprised at what I heard vs what I saw. In both equipment used and how the room was setup/layout.

Also from the posts I have just casual seen of yours many seem to have an agenda. As I agree with others here that you have tried to hijack this thread I will make this my only post about YOUR topic vs the OP.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

To the OP. I agree with Jud and Miska. And to a degree YashN, wink. got to get me some emoji's.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Where does the PS Audio Directstream DAC fit into all of this? It internally upconverts to 10XDSD, even higher than HQPlayer DSD512. And for whatever it's worth, Stereophile A+ rating. Not bad for $3K-4K on the used market.

Is the consensus that HQ Player upsampling via a powerful PC and played through a DSD512 capable DAC is giving even better results than the Directstream?

While the DirectStream DAC up-samples all rates (up to double DSD/DSD128) to 10xDSD internally it then down samples to double DSD/DSD128.

When using HQP and a DAC capable of quad DSD/DSD256, such as the exaSound, you can benefit from the up-sampling and keeping it at the up-sampled rate.

Also the processing power that is in a computer using HQP is much higher then what is in a FPGA.

Just MHO and experience with the above.

PS It gets even better with DSD512.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]