IGNORED

Upsampling to anything other than your DAC's internal conversion rate

In short, some of you are misleading with your approach and conclusions to the topic.

DAC, digital-to-analogue-converter. Analogue is the goal ? Amplification of the-analogue-signal out ?

Like I've previously quoted of Low :

It's best to start by contacting your manufacturer of choice and ask how they're implementing their chosen DAC chip. The sweet-spot of upconverting may well be less than its maximum processing availability—due to sensitivity of preserving analogue signal's integrity from noisey environmental interferences.

I need to start my new New Zealand day, will write more when I next can.

Quickly, of Ayre, Charles Hansen's view, remember The Ear - DSD under Fire Thread

And Low also said :

The difference between good and bad hi-fi is how long it takes before one gets tired, not whether you can count 75 or 76 people in the chorus. Successful emotional stimulation over time is the result of minimal misinformation, not maximum information -- it is the misinformation (distortion, the moving of energy to the wrong frequency and/or time) which interferes with why we listen to music, not a lack of information.

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

Another item is quality of the delta-sigma modulator in the DAC chip.

Actually, nearly all finished DAC products for sale are superfluous to your preference of upconverting to DSD256 ? In the sense that you'd rather have no further processing, just a low-pass filter ?

If so, what good are finished DAC products ? What audience, for what purposes are they marketed towards ?

«

an accurate picture

As I've said :

In short' date=' some of you are misleading with your approach and conclusions to the topic.[/font']

DAC, digital-to-analogue-converter. Analogue is the goal ? Amplification of the-analogue-signal out ?

You know I empathise with your high ideals of DSD256+. But let's consider most people, the average readers of this Tread.

Generalised drumming about ever higher iterations of DSD won't get you critical mass in brotherhood. Because DSD (like everything) has to be implemented well within a product's design (preferably with exhaustive listening tests before public release) or else it's but a catchcry feature that sloppy manufacturers throw-in but sounds substandard, even awful.

Start by recounting your personal experience with whatever specific products you esteem and we can examine if it can be applied, adopted by others.

«

an accurate picture

Your superficial defence of discussions amounts to but cursory generalities.

For example, youself can give more substance of your operation of a TEAC NT-503, detailing not least equipment chain (which isn't listed on your Profile) and listening-room layout, plus what music sourced, fed.

Each person who advances a position should do the same.

We've discussed quite a number of products before...

You gotta proof better than simply saying :

DSD works great.

«

an accurate picture

Does your measurements really prove how you hear ?

Here's your chance today to show us the analogue eventuality—your preferred equipment setup and listening-room environment—from your digital mastery.

So far, it's been a leap of faith that it translates well in widely applicable, real world-listening-situation terms.

I have so much equipment in different configurations that I don't see any point in listing all those.

I've been posting quite a bit of my own measurement data and such. But I have not seen such from you. Have you made any measurements that proof the contrary?

Are you trying to say that the equipment I listed works bad in DSD? I'm pretty sure everybody would be happy to know what is the input format that works best with those.

«

an accurate picture

Let's take some time out.

We're conversing for the-greater-good. But we need also to take care of our personal health.

I'm still at my morning meal, started hours ago ; it's nearly noon. And it's getting late too for everyone up North.

Good night, continue another, better time ?

«

an accurate picture

Re-reading your reply, is « DSD works great » your (and others) subjective or objective conclusion ?

My subjective listening opinions are mine and I encourage everybody to form their own ones. My subjective experiences apply only to me.

Many readers are not new Hi-Fi enthusiasts, they can spot troubling anomalies if you show them a photo of any setup practice.

For example, random photo I previously nominated :

marantz-jmlab_1628.jpg

I've said already couple of posts above, that my primary means of listening evaluation is through Sennheiser HD800 headphones. I have other headphones too (AKG, Beyerdynamic and Stax), but those Sennheisers are my primary ones at the moment. The current set is both extremely neutral and at the same time very accurate and analytic, for pointing out any sonic problems.

Well, for people interested in your filters, will they subjectively experience the same sound as you ?

Are you indeed limited to dominion over your software, everything from the point of its transmission to the DAC are beyond your control ? Thus, analogue sound itself is...

«

an accurate picture

Miska, HQPlayer is a-solution but not the-solution ? DSD may or may not work great if...

What Miska is trying to do is to let you start with the cleanest possible digital signal.

How you soil it from there onwards is your responsibility.

;)

I would start with a NOS DAC.

R

Are you but saying his answer has little to do with my question ?

Wilhelm,

I think you are missing the point of measurements.

They're not used to prove anything relating to hearing, only to determine the accuracy of a certain action, how much it interferes with the signal.

The goal of a high fidelity system is to tamper as little as possible with the recorded signal from the moment it's read until it's out in the room.

R

«

an accurate picture

Well, briefly, everyone who have read many, many past posts from Miska, he has just declared how music sounds to him—his setups don't mean anything to anybody else since [he's] the only one listening through those.

It appears you have missed many, many past posts from Miska, take some time and read through the threads regarding HQ Player and the NAA and more.

It's mostly true, purchasing Hi-Fi, we've often, always on-our-own :

You cannot find two people who would experience same thing same way. That's why people need to listen and make their own mind. Trial is free, so trying it out doesn't cost anything but little bit of time and effort. If you don't like it, you don't buy it. Pretty simple.

«

an accurate picture

In the CA context, what does your listen to others mean ? Especially when asked, others won't substantiate their subjectivity—how they're hearing.

Which is why you listen both to others and then listen for yourself...

As you've listed your Audio System, how 'bout posting us a photo of it in your listening-room ? Let's see how your DSD comes through.

«

an accurate picture

Get this : we want to look at how you, or another, listen (to examine if what you say you're hearing... can be replicated).

But you still don't get it: DSD should be listened to, and not looked at through pictures.

Hilarious, tips being also defined as where the garbage are.

Just take tips online what to hear yourself next. :)

«

an accurate picture

Has Miska been previously proven a nag ? I rode but the conversation.

However, it's you though who are proving him as your hobbyhorse to wet nurse.

Perhaps you aren't sure about why we share what we share in a forum like this?

But more seriously, the continuous nagging of Miska here is uncalled for...

«

an accurate picture

CA members want information for their own good, e.g. recent Thread :

Tell us about your desktop system and listening please?

So it seems...

To the OP. I agree with Jud and Miska. And to a degree YashN, wink. got to get me some emoji's.

Needless to define your agenda at me.

«

an accurate picture

It's a public forum, there are people who understand the flow and importance of what have been in the last two pages.

I'm currently upconverting everything to DSD128 in HQPlayer because that is the highest DSD rate my Oppo BDP105D accepts. To me, it sounds great. But am I fooling myself?

Your setup then, what does your everything entail ? Please detail us specifically some of your music choices, observations thereof.

How's your listening-room since your album ?

16792-side-view-room.jpg

Still for 2 channel wide :

4485-full-view-room.jpg

Kept narrowed in AV mode :

940-tri-center.jpg

«

an accurate picture

Are you following me rather than the Thread ?

#134 sdolezalek, OP, wants the focus back on his situation, acknowledged his signature/invite ?

I am not sure where you are going with all of this Wilhelm, but it is not polite to post pictures of someone else's system, and then ask them to explain it to you.

«

an accurate picture