IGNORED

Question: pertaining to the digital out on from my TV

My TV (LG/4K) has a digital(optical) output. I would like to be able to use it when I'm streaming content from my computer. My setup in this application is an HP laptop-using the HDMI output into my TV. Currently the only sound I'm able to produce is out of the speakers on the laptop. I have an optical cable connected from the digital out from the TV to my DAC to my integrated amp. I can't seem to get any sound to my main speakers....any ideas or solutions?

My TV (LG/4K) has a digital(optical) output. I would like to be able to use it when I'm streaming content from my computer. My setup in this application is an HP laptop-using the HDMI output into my TV. Currently the only sound I'm able to produce is out of the speakers on the laptop. I have an optical cable connected from the digital out from the TV to my DAC to my integrated amp. I can't seem to get any sound to my main speakers....any ideas or solutions?

Does your TV have onboard speakers, and if so, are you able to get sound from them using the HDMI connection from the laptop? I am able to get sound via Toslink from my TV into my DAC when using an Oppo 103 connected to the TV via HDMI , and also audio from the TV itself via Toslink. My TV is a 40"Samsung "LED" TV.

You may need to access your TV's menu ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I have the same issue. My laptop HDMI out will stream video but no audio to my TV. I had to use the analog out (headphone jack) To my receiver to get sound.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

We

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

First thing is to be sure that the pc is outputting its audio to its hdmi port. Usually this is automatically configuerd by the pc OS when the hdmi cable is connected. However some times it is not, and you have to manually set the output to the hdmi.

Second. In my LG, the optical out must be manually enabled in a config menu in the Tv. Iow, this output isn't working all the time, only when you enable it.

Hope this help

Jorge

Sent from my E2303 using Computer Audiophile mobile app