IGNORED

Diy attenuated rca cable

Search for Harrison lab attenuators. Just get a couple of the right value.

The proper answer is one you have rejected. Use your digital volume control to put it in the proper range. It will do less damage than any hardware based method.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Computer Audiophile mobile app

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

If you didn't look at the Harrisons, they are built into an RCA adapter.

If you make your own, keep it as close to the amp input as possible.

I have quite a bit of experience with DIY attenuators and Vishay is the way to go. I also have at times altered the gain of gear to keep everything working in a good range. When I used tube gear that was always an issue with it being too sensitive.

However, once I used one of the Meridian 518 digital pre-amps for volume feeding into a good DAC, I abandoned analog volume control. It was no contest. I have tried other gear with analog vs digital volume a few times after that in my own or other people's systems. Digital volume properly done is simply more transparent. Now analog preamps might do something to the sound you prefer. So no arguing with your preference if you have tried it, and like it better without digital volume control.

Now having said all of that, I think you might do about as well to do some tube rolling. The 2275 uses one pair of the 12ax7's for line level signals (one pair is used for phono). Those can subtly alter the sound. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't use the digital volume for tweaking levels a bit, and swap to different 12ax7's to get the sound you prefer. I haven't been very active with tube gear for about a dozen years so I am not up to date on what is available. Some old NOS JAN 12ax7s (or 5751s which are basically milspec 12ax7s) might be worth a try, and Telefunken even more so if you can come across some. The old Sylvania tubes are good, but likely have a sound signature away from your preference. In my experience the 12at7 driver stage tubes don't make as much difference in sound as the 12ax7s are likely to cause. So just a suggestion that might pay more dividends.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.