IGNORED

Network Adapter tuning and discarded packets..what worked for me

Recently, I noticed I was having issues with my HQP and NAA pcs discarding a to receive and transmit packages. I am not a networking guru but I am a nerd so I started to look into potential causes. This is a great link that taught me a lot though I will admit a lot of it was over my head:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-6490

After messing around with every possible network adapter setting here is what worked for me:

Disable Large Send Offload

Increase send and receive buffers

I read that the Large Send Offload implementation can be a bit flakey and that some network adapters are just not powerful enough to handle this activity. Increasing the buffers make sense because if the PC is too busy to process the packet then new ones coming in can sit in this buffer instead of being discarded.

Anyway, my receive discard rate went down from about 4% to 0.02%. I have no idea if this helps with the music but I am telling myself it does!

Here is my question to the networking gurus...does increasing the send and receive buffers increase latency? I dont think it would since the buffers are only used if the PC is busy right?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments